Nt 400 problem

dig-dug-dan

Not sure if any of you guys can help, yesterday when pulling away from a roundabout, loud bang, then my engine sounds like the exhaust has gone, but with a bag of nails thrown in. No engine light present.

Exhaust fine, sounds awful ,and no power up a hill, barely got over 20.

Truck recovered on a low loader and is sat at the garage till Monday when they open.

2 years old, 30k on the clock.

Turbo blown??

41 minutes ago, Rac man said:

Check intercooler hose could be split or come off there the ones that look like rad hoses but a lot bigger if not get it plugged into code reader if no codes get him to look at live data 

Cheers. No codes apart from existing p0030. Would a split hose cause all that noise?

P0030 is oxy sensor related to exhaust temps, aids in correct fuelling etc on start up and when warm. Has this code only started coming on since your remap? I’m assuming that you are aware of the P0030 fault due to engine management light being on? If this is the case then the dealers will be all over it soon as they plug on.
Your issue does sound like a boost pipe scenario.

10 minutes ago, Ratman said:

P0030 is oxy sensor related to exhaust temps, aids in correct fuelling etc on start up and when warm. Has this code only started coming on since your remap? I’m assuming that you are aware of the P0030 fault due to engine management light being on? If this is the case then the dealers will be all over it soon as they plug on.
Your issue does sound like a boost pipe scenario.

The p0030 came on three weeks ago. I have a good obd scanner that told me it's the heater element of the ox sensor, bank one. Ironically I ordered a new sensor, and its was due to arrive tomorrow as it's cheaper to fit myself rather than lose the truck for an extended period of time with no help from nissan. It actually goes to an independent garage that is approved to work on nt400's

At least now they can sort both problems. Will update as soon as I find out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Cheers. No codes apart from existing p0030. Would a split hose cause all that noise?

Yes. Mine blew off at the jubilee clip driving on motorway. (Transit) quite a bang and loss of power

1 hour ago, dig-dug-dan said:

As you drove it when it happened, did it sound like the exhaust had blown with a bag of nails mixed in?

No. Not really. One single fairly loud, but low toned bang. Bit like someone hitting a bass drum. Then loss of power and the engine did sound different, but not metal/nails. Yours sounds like fins off the turbo have maybe broken and sucked through the system. Hopefully not. Like you, I did check the exhaust first. Thought it could be that at first 

Edited by Con
Spelling