Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Duncan.

Boots warranty issue

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

I bought a pair haix protector ultra at the end of January and the sole has started to come off from the toe already. So I contacted the supplier and they were quite helpful and have organised a replacement pair to be sent out for free but they want me to take a picture of the boots after I have cut the tongue out of the old pair. 

Has anyone been asked to do this before?

It seems a terrible waste of the old boots as I should think there is a couple months left in them before they see the bin.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

Hi everyone,

 

I bought a pair haix protector ultra at the end of January and the sole has started to come off from the toe already. So I contacted the supplier and they were quite helpful and have organised a replacement pair to be sent out for free but they want me to take a picture of the boots after I have cut the tongue out of the old pair. 

Has anyone been asked to do this before?

It seems a terrible waste of the old boots as I should think there is a couple months left in them before they see the bin.

 

Thanks

Not been told to do it with boots but I have with a brake disc. They told me to destroy it and take a photo so I wrote destroyed on it with a paint pen and took a photo in the bin, what was I meant to do?! The whole idea is that they don't want ruined boots back as there's no point and they don't want customers asking for replacements and keeping the old ones as you said. 

 

Makes sense to me. It's either you destroy them or they pay to mail them back to base and destroy them for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a pair of Haix Protector Extremes that the soles started to crumble apart on in a matter of weeks, they looked like I had been standing in embers.

They asked me to take a picture of the tongue with the manufacturing code. I expected them to ask for them back but they just issued a new pair, it worked out well as I ordered the replacements a half size smaller and kept the others for general workshop work.

 

Just tuck the tongues inside the boot and take the photo, job done.

 

Edited by 5thelement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

I had a pair of Haix Protector Extremes that the soles started to crumble apart on in a matter of weeks, they looked like I had been standing in embers.

They asked me to take a picture of the tongue with the manufacturing code. I expected them to ask for them back but they just issued a new pair, it worked out well as I ordered the replacements a half size smaller and kept the others for general workshop work.

 

Just tuck the tongues inside the boot and take the photo, job done.

 

Thanks for that. Think that's a good plan. Although knowing my luck they'll probably read this!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

Thanks for that. Think that's a good plan. Although knowing my luck they'll probably read this!

Just so you are aware I do part time spying for Haix and your suggestion has already been reported 😁

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Just so you are aware I do part time spying for Haix and your suggestion has already been reported 😁

Thanks for letting me know! I have informed Haix that you are a double agent and they have let me off!

Heil Haix!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do nothing until Haix chase you up, if they do then do as they ask.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.