Boots warranty issue

Duncan.

Hi everyone,

I bought a pair haix protector ultra at the end of January and the sole has started to come off from the toe already. So I contacted the supplier and they were quite helpful and have organised a replacement pair to be sent out for free but they want me to take a picture of the boots after I have cut the tongue out of the old pair. 

Has anyone been asked to do this before?

It seems a terrible waste of the old boots as I should think there is a couple months left in them before they see the bin.

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

Hi everyone,

I bought a pair haix protector ultra at the end of January and the sole has started to come off from the toe already. So I contacted the supplier and they were quite helpful and have organised a replacement pair to be sent out for free but they want me to take a picture of the boots after I have cut the tongue out of the old pair. 

Has anyone been asked to do this before?

It seems a terrible waste of the old boots as I should think there is a couple months left in them before they see the bin.

Thanks

Not been told to do it with boots but I have with a brake disc. They told me to destroy it and take a photo so I wrote destroyed on it with a paint pen and took a photo in the bin, what was I meant to do?! The whole idea is that they don't want ruined boots back as there's no point and they don't want customers asking for replacements and keeping the old ones as you said. 

Makes sense to me. It's either you destroy them or they pay to mail them back to base and destroy them for you?

I had a pair of Haix Protector Extremes that the soles started to crumble apart on in a matter of weeks, they looked like I had been standing in embers.

They asked me to take a picture of the tongue with the manufacturing code. I expected them to ask for them back but they just issued a new pair, it worked out well as I ordered the replacements a half size smaller and kept the others for general workshop work.

Just tuck the tongues inside the boot and take the photo, job done.

Edited by 5thelement

4 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

I had a pair of Haix Protector Extremes that the soles started to crumble apart on in a matter of weeks, they looked like I had been standing in embers.

They asked me to take a picture of the tongue with the manufacturing code. I expected them to ask for them back but they just issued a new pair, it worked out well as I ordered the replacements a half size smaller and kept the others for general workshop work.

Just tuck the tongues inside the boot and take the photo, job done.

Thanks for that. Think that's a good plan. Although knowing my luck they'll probably read this!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

Thanks for that. Think that's a good plan. Although knowing my luck they'll probably read this!

Just so you are aware I do part time spying for Haix and your suggestion has already been reported 😁

• Haha 3