only getting £40 per day

robertcrisp

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read all post on this thread lol.

40 a day for groundie is about right if you have no tickets and exp.

50 a day on casual basis is fine.

beginners who want to earn top dollar - you need exp, tickets , the gear...and Many tree removals etc under your belt.

emloyers - will make 500 a day after expensies...and bitch about giving the groundie who has worked his balls off an extra tenner for his effort. lol

Doing good business is one thing...but chasing money so much that you lose sight of whats important ( e.g your workers, family etc )..and become a slave driving tight wad is something a lot of employers need to change.

Doing good business is one thing...but chasing money so much that you lose sight of whats important ( e.g your workers, family etc )..and become a slave driving tight wad is something a lot of employers need to change.

well said couldnt agree more

i always like to pay a extra bit more, treat people how you want to be treated your self and all that lol :thumbup1:

at the end of the day the boss is going to pay you as little as he thinks he can get away with.

one of my guys grumbles about his wage and all i say is 'if you would like i will pay you £1000 a week but your only have a job for 2 weeks'

shuts them up

and why do i grumble ????????

Well if I could afford to pay my groundie more I would however I usually only do between £200-£300 a day. I would love to get to the position of doing £500 a day but there just doesn`t seem to be any big jobs that come my way to even quote, usually just the obligatory conifers!!

I have used young fit lads in the past but quite often they can`t be trusted to even drag brash let alone fell trees etc, when I come down from the tree I expect that most of the brash has been chipped of at least stacked ready for chipping, I hate it when there is brash on the floor and they are standing around yakking on the phone to mates or always texting and generally waiting for me to come down and help them. If its too big to drag then I tell them to get a hand saw or leave it to one side and I will deal with it later.

The guy I employ at the moment is an out of work plasterer and I tell you this, he is the best groundie I have had, loads of initiative, late 30's so he knows he needs to work hard to keep his job. Hopefully he is going for his chainsaw tickets soon so yes his wages will rise, as I know he love doing this now rather than plastering!!

We start about 8.30 and finish when the job is done, which can be anywhere between 12 and 5 and he gets paid the same so its in his best interest to work hard, we also don`t have a "lunch hour" because we both would rather be at home. Yes we have breaks for tea and bicckies but thats about it.

Rant over!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ummmmmmmmm

oftern on work experiance you will work for nothing, it is the way of the world, but, the college should have assessed the guys health and safty provision including his obligation to provided ppe to staff FOC, its the law, so i thing you may be getting the standard nothing for a student and 40 quid a day for your gear.

sucks a bit but he has no obligation to pay a student

sorry

kev