Young 'uns

Mark Bolam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah i am a packed lunch kinda guy, but will stop and buy some goodies sometimes from the garage if we are passing but i tend to get all the crap from the supermarket and then wing it in my bag the night before at home... but to all of my convictions i do spend too much a day on smokes and too much by the weekend on ale! but the ale will stop as soon as i go back to work :D :D

This whole not working malarkey is getting rather boaring, but when i am working if i do a full 5 day week like 8-6 then i am normally to outa steam by the weekend to go out spec with the trek i have to make to get to the trainstation in the morning to work with the climbing kit n my back feel like the SAS in training!

So whats an old 'un then?

Im 36 today and still dont feel a day over 42, eaten beef sarnies, pork pies and goose fat every day of my working life and its never done me any harm:sneaky2:

So can i be like Joe, classed as a young 'un that doesnt complain:001_rolleyes:

Woohoo Happy Birthday. I was 32 yesterday and don't consider myself old.

I make Rolls\sandwhiches and always drink tea when working or a bottle of water to keep hydrated.

If i've not got the money i don't buy luxuries.

You are right. a tenner a day is 200 a month. + fags is just under 300 a month on shite.

I don't always make lunch night before as i am not big eater through the day..but its something i need to change. flask and rolls are way to go.

i think younger generation inc myself have had life a lot easier so take money and luxury things for granted..and this passes onto rest of life...inc not making lunch for the next day.

im 18, got into the habit of making a flask of coffee each morning now because of how cold it has been. i always take sandwich's with me and a bottle of fruit juice. the only thing i buy now is a mug of homemade soup from the batch bar in the mornings now :thumbup:

You must have changed alot since i saw you last Ben :laugh1:

I’m just tickled-pink that this thread had had over 819 views and 35 replies….Hmmm, wonder why? lol :laugh1:

John, perhaps its on seeing the title, old farts with no hair are concerned if the up and coming new generation are a threat to the iron filing sarnie bregade:lol:

My packup lunch is gone at breakfast, im not gonna lie i spend a fortune on food, my brain is a map of all known butty wagons and food outlets. Maybe ive got worms, all i wanted to do was crack 10st and i can't even manage that :thumbdown: I get rather grumpy though when im hungry. I eat proper set meals, eat anything and everything, waste not want not. Im not one for energy drinks though, ive had the odd one but tea is good enough for me.

Dan