Husqvarna 550xpg - running Issues

elfie

I have a 550xpg mk 2 and recently leant it to a friend.  

The machine was filled wrongly with chainsaw oil into the petrol, I don't know how long it was in the wrong chamber before it was decanted ! 

After he realised his error the petrol chamber was cleaned out several times with petrol.

The saw still wasn't running well when I received it back.  

It seems to start not too badly and almost revs to full revs.  Doesn't seem to have the final push of torque and can also die instantly.

I've changed the fuel filter , new plug and cleaned the petrol tank out with several fills of petrol and lastly the air filter is clean...but the saw is still acting up.  

Is there anything else I should clean or is there anything else to help get her back to normal ??

5 minutes ago, elfie said:

I have a 550xpg mk 2 and recently leant it to a friend.  

The machine was filled wrongly with chainsaw oil into the petrol, I don't know how long it was in the wrong chamber before it was decanted ! 

After he realised his error the petrol chamber was cleaned out several times with petrol.

The saw still wasn't running well when I received it back.  

It seems to start not too badly and almost revs to full revs.  Doesn't seem to have the final push of torque and can also die instantly.

I've changed the fuel filter , new plug and cleaned the petrol tank out with several fills of petrol and lastly the air filter is clean...but the saw is still acting up.  

Is there anything else I should clean or is there anything else to help get her back to normal ??

9 times outa 10 its fatal lending saws out,they never seem to come back the same,sounds like you,ve done what you can to it,might need to take it to your dealer

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, elfie said:

thanks for feedback gary,  I've also started the saw and let it idle for 5-10 mins one its started.  It seems to idle away just fine.  I do this to allow the autotune to do its stuff...

I think that is the Stihl reset . The husqvarns reset is to bury the bar the full length and cut for several mins like that .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

AFAIK the leaving it in choke idling for >90 seconds and making full bar cuts is a stihl reset and tune. I think you can only reset a husky with the diagnostics tool?

have you pulled the carb and cleaned it?

Ive not pulled the carb out yet as was hoping not to do this..possibly a New Years job top the list.  I would have thought that with sufficient flushing an running it would have gotten rid of the oil ?

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

Ive not pulled the carb out yet as was hoping not to do this..possibly a New Years job top the list.  I would have thought that with sufficient flushing an running it would have gotten rid of the oil ?

Maybe yes, maybe no. There's a lot of tiny orafices and springs. I'm not sure how the oil you use reacts with petrol and 2 stroke. A tiny little sticky blob could be messing it all up and giving you that result! 

• Sad 1