polly tunnel For storage ?

defenderjack

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this off ebay have mesh sides holds about 100 cu when piled 2m high. The pic was taken about 3 years ago before it was concreted and mesh sides put inside so it could be banked up to 9ft. With a bit more time will get some recent pics

that looks interesting, just what I need.

Was it a one off or are they on there regularly ?

I have not seen another on ebay since but not been looking. You can buy one new for 2.5k but by the time u put it up and concrete floor your in for 5k. Large poly tunnels do come up on ebay

Thanks

I did some googling and came up with this company

Polybuild Gallery Livestock - Sheep and lambing shelters

Just got off the phone to them, very helpful and friendly. Sounds ideal for my requirements and as they are near Portsmouth will be ideal for getting over to my gaff in Brittany.

Gallery_Livestock_Sheep5.jpg

From my point of view there are to things wrong with that type of polytunnel for drying wood. First the plastic does not go all the way to the ground so the weather can get in all around the edges and if located on a like we are the wind would get underneath and rip the roof off. Second you need to think how your going to get the timber in and out. We use a forklift with a 2 mtr float mast but that design has cross bracing which you will always be ducking and invariably forget damaging the tunnel. Far better to have a slightly narrower tunnel with no cross bracing to catch. Our tunnels are built with a 1 mtr slope from one end to the other to remove hot moist air without the need for fan assistance. Can be 10C difference in temperature from one end to the other because of this.