What tier are you in?

eggsarascal

In Kent we are tier 3, I think (I don't give it a lot of thought). I'm slightly baffled as to why this seems to be a built-up area issue, only. Our village is about 7 miles south of Maidstone and despite being fairly rural is still heavily populated, more like a small town, but cases out here are unheard of. So why is this? People are still mixing, working, and driving all over the place, doing whatever. It simply doesn't stack up that the vast majority of illness is in towns

5 minutes ago, Acerforestry said:

In Kent we are tier 3, I think (I don't give it a lot of thought). I'm slightly baffled as to why this seems to be a built-up area issue, only. Our village is about 7 miles south of Maidstone and despite being fairly rural is still heavily populated, more like a small town, but cases out here are unheard of. So why is this? People are still mixing, working, and driving all over the place, doing whatever. It simply doesn't stack up that the vast majority of illness is in towns

I read 'Inside Times' the other week, it's a newspaper written and edited by prisoners, if what was written is true the two prisons on the isle of sheppy are the reason Kent went into tier three. Make of that what you will.

27 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I read 'Inside Times' the other week, it's a newspaper written and edited by prisoners, if what was written is true the two prisons on the isle of sheppy are the reason Kent went into tier three. Make of that what you will.

Interesting. Conversely I heard it argued that the Isle of Wight was in Tier 1 because they weren't factoring the jail population when working out c-19 distribution.

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

What should we believe, Mark?

I dunno mate.
I'm erring on the side of caution.
Medical professionals are taking this seriously. Ultimately, I think that tier'd lockdowns are bound to fail. We can't just stop start the economy. I'm happy (well really unhappy) to not have a game of pool until they have a plausible vaccine for those who will cark it before their time. After that, I reckon things should open back up.
But, There's not going to be a huge amount of things to open back up.
Which is a bit shan.
Loads of my mates are musos and their income stream has gone, with no chance imminent return. 
I dunno mate.
I think I'm in Sussex/Kent way next week. Will see if you're about if so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I dunno mate.
I'm erring on the side of caution.
Medical professionals are taking this seriously. Ultimately, I think that tier'd lockdowns are bound to fail. We can't just stop start the economy. I'm happy (well really unhappy) to not have a game of pool until they have a plausible vaccine for those who will cark it before their time. After that, I reckon things should open back up.
But, There's not going to be a huge amount of things to open back up.
Which is a bit shan.
Loads of my mates are musos and their income stream has gone, with no chance imminent return. 
I dunno mate.
I think I'm in Sussex/Kent way next week. Will see if you're about if so.

To be fair mate I don't give a feck anymore, I'll behave how I'm asked to for the time being, after that... 

If you get down here dive in, there will always be food and beer. 

• Like 2