Would you buy a 365 xtorq over a modern equivilent

Echo

42 minutes ago, htb said:

Depends if you want to be seen as hip and trendy. 365 was known as a farmers saw as solid and reliable, mine blew up doing FC oversize and edge trees, but that's hard on saws.

Thanks for posting @htb , too bad yours let go the smoke.

2 minutes ago, Echo said:

The 572 certainly gets good press.

For good reason. It's a brilliant saw.

I recently bought a used 550 MK II, only used it once but seems just as good. Very light, manoeuvreable, powerful. I'm all for the new Autotune/M-Tronic and other associated advances.

Looking forward to seeing Husqvarna's new 90cc-class saw when there's more info.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moose McAlpine said:

For good reason. It's a brilliant saw.

I recently bought a used 550 MK II, only used it once but seems just as good. Very light, manoeuvreable, powerful. I'm all for the new Autotune/M-Tronic and other associated advances.

Looking forward to seeing Husqvarna's new 90cc-class saw when there's more info.

I like the new 550 too, it really looks like all the teething troubles with

the older model has resulted in a very nice mk2.

They are cheaper too than the Stihl 261 v2 when you take into account

the 550 comes with the narrow kerf setup, you would have to spend more

to add this after buying the Stihl, which a lot of people did to get the most

from the 50cc 's.

Well I would love to tell you all how I find the Stihl MS400.
But all I can tell you is, today I went to the dealers to give the one they had in stock an eye over, which after waiting a half an hour a member of staff brough it out to me.

Nice saw without a doubt, I asked him to pull the cover so I could see all was well, nothing hanging off, so onto next step, I said I would take it, and asked him to fire it up.
Saw dissapeared out into the workshop, he started it and revved the absolute crap out of it.

I walked over the man behind the counter in the showroom where I was, waiting,
I asked him had they got another MS400, he said he would look, and off he went.
Next up the guy that revved the saw flat out of came in, plopped the saw on the counter and said there you go, I said not a hope, you started a cold new saw and revved the sh** out of it, he said, I was clearing out the carburettor, I said, no engine should be revved flat out when its cold and especially when its new, he said it would stop if he didnt rev it, I said am standing here a half an hour and just witnessed the previous customer buying a saw, and heard it warm up for for over a minute, and after that it only recieved a few medium revs, and Two at full throttle.

Second time they did this to me in the process of buying a new saw, this time I walked out without the saw.
No way was I paying for a quite expensive new saw, and then be on the defending side of the you used the wrong fuel, or not enough oil in it saga.

Bloody ridicilios that they couldnt start a saw let it warm and then rev it, so much for trying to support the local dealer.

Edited by Echo
  • Like 2

On 04/11/2020 at 22:07, Rough Hewn said:

No. It’s heavy and slow.

Get a 462

emoji106.png

You sure are right there, I fondeled one today while I was in the Sthil shop,

and the 365, I could not find any reason to buy the 365 given its weight in

comparison to the 462, or the 500i, was ther to buy me an MS400, but that

ended in disaster.

You sure are right there, I fondeled one today while I was in the Sthil shop,
and the 365, I could not find any reason to buy the 365 given its weight in
comparison to the 462, or the 500i, was ther to buy me an MS400, but that
ended in disaster.

I did say get a 462. ??????
You want the number for a decent dealer?
[emoji106]
  • Like 1