Sales calls

Tom D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had loads since a couple of weeks before christmas.

the best one was some plank selling space on an anti drink driving desk planner.

when i told him i wasn't interested he said 'arn't you interested in drink driving' so i replied ' yeah i do it every friday night'...

ffs he went off his head. i just laughed down the phone. :001_tt2:

my dads got a good way of dealing with cold calling, he says' wait a minute, n puts the phone on the table....n leaves it there.

Are you getting a lot?

My phone has been red hot this week, each time I eagerly answer it hoping for a job it turns out to be some twonk selling stuff I don't need. I know we all get one now and again but lately its been ridiculous.

Same here Tom for the last 2 weeks, everytime it rings you think yipee work, then some numpty mentions advertising.................GRRRRR i say no twice then actually tell then to F off, not good i know but in my book 1 NO is enough. Total parasitic tw@ts........

Urmm.....those of us who sell stuff to folks like you are also trying to earn a living. I personally don't like the cold call 'phone technique but sometimes it has to be done. I prefer to go and knock on someones door and get face to face with them. You can soon tell if you are a pain in the arse and your apology for interrupting them does then carry some meaning.

Outfits with an office are easy to get in front of, but you guys who run their business from home are harder to get in front of because your truck is you office during the day so sometimes we sales folk have to do the 'phone thing. I do agree tho with the tone of this thread and have got my home number recognised with the phone preference people.

Urmm.....those of us who sell stuff to folks like you are also trying to earn a living. I personally don't like the cold call 'phone technique but sometimes it has to be done. I prefer to go and knock on someones door and get face to face with them. You can soon tell if you are a pain in the arse and your apology for interrupting them does then carry some meaning.

Outfits with an office are easy to get in front of, but you guys who run their business from home are harder to get in front of because your truck is you office during the day so sometimes we sales folk have to do the 'phone thing. I do agree tho with the tone of this thread and have got my home number recognised with the phone preference people.

Dont i just know it!............any you "blagged" a cup of tea.:001_tt2:

Good to see ya Pete.

Re: cold calls, most of those "charity" types will not leave a message, as this is traceable. I let my phone go to answer service, if your genuine Ill call you back. Trading Standards told me that you should treat you phone like your door, use it to keep them out. I do have all my regular clients nos programmed into the phone, so I dont keep them waiting for a reply, and it does sound so much better when you recognise them instantly, makes them feel valued. Never feel you have to grab the phone blindly and answer it in a flash, check who is calling on the screen first.

if its a chick i ask her what type of knickers she is wearing. Then answer her a single question before becoming ever more perverted and sounding like a sexually frustrated caveman :lol: . They never call back and its even funnier if its a bloke im speakin too, i usually leave them feeling:blushing:. :sneaky2:

When asked for business owner / director always reply they are playing golf. Part of a strategy a) to waste their time and b) to reinforce peoples belief that owning a small business is a desirable pseudo - leisure activity (lol). No -one has ever left a message or phoned back.

Another thing to play with their scripted minds is to reply when they ask "if I can help with anything else, I now reply "can you bring our troops home safely from Afghanistan ?"

Used to be, can they stop global warming alternated with stop the rise in salinity of the oceans.

How the times have changed.