Some people! beech reduction, too much?

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Business says you did what he asked "take off as much as you can" take the money. He obviously isn't going to be a regular repeat customer, as he said he didn't want to bother with it for another 10 years. Its done and thats that!

Arb side yes it was a little harsh, but it will grow back. seen alot worse! it will be one of those jobs that you keep taking sneaky little peeks at. your dark little secret.

fwiw i find that customers and bosses who have the same kind of attitude as him are nothing but control freaks. He obviously got into your head:laugh1:

sorry for the wombling ramble!

Plus did he pay you?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Business says you did what he asked "take off as much as you can" take the money. He obviously isn't going to be a regular repeat customer, as he said he didn't want to bother with it for another 10 years. Its done and thats that!

Arb side yes it was a little harsh, but it will grow back. seen alot worse! it will be one of those jobs that you keep taking sneaky little peeks at. your dark little secret.

fwiw i find that customers and bosses who have the same kind of attitude as him are nothing but control freaks. He obviously got into your head:laugh1:

sorry for the wombling ramble!

Plus did he pay you?

My boss reduced the tree many moons before my "appaling effort" I know that it could have been lighter, but that was what he asked for. i also know that from its current form, (created by me) it will give a much more flexible framework to work with next time around, as long as it is not left so long as to shade out the internal growth like it had this time, but iether way the subsequent re growth will be of a finer diameter and more ramified making future work more practical and in keeping.

It was a case of commiting the trees main structure to a limit from which to control subsequent growth, it will almost always be possible to get it back to this frame work in all future prunes. unless of course its left well alone for so long it developes into a big tree.

he paid the bill, and i know he will hire my firm again, but I just wish I had perfect dry conditions to work in and gotten a bit further out.

your not the first and certainly not the last. I, and many others have posted plenty of pics of their work on here beit for criticism or praise.

I don't think people are ripping the work to shreds more the manner of the posts...

Ok then, after Tim's mention of the copper beech in Nailers vid. I remembered a particular tree, similar size, similar spec to yours - and dug out the pics.

Apparently I didn't take enough off. I told him I had. Aren't people wierd, eh? They adamantly didn't want it butchered, but it was tooooo big....

Halfway through and completed.

Rip as you see fit.:lol:

Rich thats a proper nice reduction . I would put my name to that all day long , if you let me :lol: What we call a pleasing to the eye reduction .:thumbup:

wow guys, at 12 pages you honour me! I wasnt expecting so much love, this was after all one of the least (in my view) potential threads ive ever started!

Hama I commend you sir . Thick skinned with a tenacious character . I love reading your posts and all that comes with them .You got something to say you say it . That is something alot of people should aspire to . Right or wrong stand your ground. Happy days :thumbup:

as long as it is not left so long as to shade out the internal growth like it had this time, .

I would have cut off less, but he specificaly demanded AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, without harming the tree, he also didnt want to do it again for another ten years!

:confused1: