Has anyone tried Barrow Bags?

woodworm

Got mine from Bag supplies, 50 cost about £160

They do vented ones as well I think, may try some this summer

One or two of mine are showing some wear but they do get hammered a bit some times

Did 2 cubic metres for one customer (10 sacks) 18" logs (fit just nicely in sacks), tipped in his back garden near his shed in 10 minutes - quality delivery service

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will these bags stand on their own while you fill them?

I attach one loop to a post knocked in to ground near where I'm working in the yard. Using a Hakki Pilke Eagle saw, cut billets to required length and throw them in

Need to over fill them as they do settle in transit

If they are laid flat on their side I can pull them off back of L200 pick-up and they just drop to floor quite easily, then shift them with sack truck. Ideal for smaller deliveries as not pulling trailer around - I am amazed how many customers live in places that are awkward for deliveries by trailer

I did manage to single-handed load five on to back of pick-up but they are quite heavy to hoist up/lift by your self. Two people can load them if you want to without too much trouble!

I really like the look of these bags. I deliver quite a few dumpie bags to the older generation but I think these would suit the older person even better. They wouldnt have to worry about stacking the logs for a start etc. I reckon doing these type of bags would add more money to the job also