Has anyone tried Barrow Bags?

woodworm

We decided to try some Barrow Bags this year. Got them from Bag Supplies and got 50 of them and have delivered about 20. I find them a bit of a hassle out in the sticks as if you're not careful you can end up running around the countryside for a £20 bag of logs. I only deliver them if I am going to the requested area anyway (with a trailer load), or if the customer is prepared to pay extra for delivery, and its surprising how often they are happy to pay the delivery charge. How have others found using them, or has no-one bothered?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided to try some Barrow Bags this year. Got them from Bag Supplies and got 50 of them and have delivered about 20. I find them a bit of a hassle out in the sticks as if you're not careful you can end up running around the countryside for a £20 bag of logs. I only deliver them if I am going to the requested area anyway (with a trailer load), or if the customer is prepared to pay extra for delivery, and its surprising how often they are happy to pay the delivery charge. How have others found using them, or has no-one bothered?

woodworm what to you go as ?

I deliver all mine in barrow bags, £20 per bag, min order 3 bags, otherwise £30/bag.

Free delivery up to 10 miles but most customers within 5 miles anyway, and most of them order min 3 bags.

Logs tipped out somewhere conveneint for customer as i can wheel them into shed/garage/round to back of house - even did one delivery to a terraced house and wheeled them through the house in to back yard!

I reckon they are great things and look like good value to most people

Some people do ask to keep bags but i generally put them off by asking for a £10 deposit per bag!

I deliver all mine in barrow bags, £20 per bag, min order 3 bags, otherwise £30/bag.

Free delivery up to 10 miles but most customers within 5 miles anyway, and most of them order min 3 bags.

Logs tipped out somewhere conveneint for customer as i can wheel them into shed/garage/round to back of house - even did one delivery to a terraced house and wheeled them through the house in to back yard!

I reckon they are great things and look like good value to most people

Some people do ask to keep bags but i generally put them off by asking for a £10 deposit per bag!

Thats quite interesting. I have always left the bags full for collection next time and haven't lost any yet but yours is a good idea. Everyone always says the bags are much bigger than expected which is a good thing, but I never thought of tipping the logs out and bring them back home with me. Maybe something for me to thinnk about!