todays Oak reduction

MAX

I try to sell the crown lift side as well and just take the most "sticky out bits" off to get the shape back in.

At the end of the day it was done at the best time of the year for the tree. On a large % reduction the worst thing would have been to let the tree use all its stored energy putting out foliage and before they get chance to pay back, chop em all off.

Nice shape though, better than removing the tree. :icon14:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find if you do a really good reduction i.e the tree is slightly smaller in the crown but not over thinned the client isn't happy because it looks like you haven't touched the tree.

I take pride in a nice reduction for the right client but most are hard to please.

Jeez. Looks like the tree lost 75% of its crown / leaf area.

I guess this is my point too Steve and I am driven crazy by generic surgeons who throw out these heavy-handed but shapely trees. Who draws the line? It takes integrity and talent and a long time to learn to prune not six months of bashing to create an awful stubby template.

i only ever use percentages as a rough guidleine, i choose the best point to reduce to when in the crown

Same as.

Everybody has a different view though, of what a good reduction is, I remember saying a long time ago on another forum that one persons good example of tree work is another persons example of how it should not be done.

You hit that a bit hard, are some of them topping cuts? lol, Good to see you tried to retain the trees natural shape.

ha ha, cheers Glen! remember we used to do reductions like that for 50 quid! things are looking a bit better these days. Were you busy today?....had my first call at 6am this morning!:scared: