sachs Dolmar 109 oil leak saga

Tony-1976

Morning Forum is there anyone on the forum in the surrey area that may be able to help me with getting my newly purchased second-hand saw oil leak problem fixed if so how much please?

after searching google its seems a common problem on these saws which wasn't apparent at point of purchase through market place, the guy has stitched me up and of course now he has vanished off the face of the earth.

I believe the oil line over time becomes sloppy and needs replacing, is this correct?

any advice or help would be great please.

this is the part I need I believe https://www.partshopdirect.co.uk/makita-suction-line-oil-cpl-p020245041/

Do you mean after running, you stop the saw, and sit it down... it pees itself (oil) all over the floor? 

Very common.

The problem is, the pipe does not attach onto the oil pump. The 2 just sits flush against each other and the oil passes from pump to pipe. I'm not sure if a new pipe would cure it.

I have 2 Makita DCS520 (same saw painted blue) - 1 does this quite badly, the other doesn't at all. I've never looked to cure the issue. 

@shavey will be the man to know about this. 

3 hours ago, Tony-1976 said:

ok cheers guys,

I will need to sell the saw back on with the current problem advertised as I cant live with it its messing up my newly fitted shelves.

wish people selling stuff were honest so frustrating.

You could always rest the saw on an oil absorbing mat? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony-1976 said:

ok cheers guys,

I will need to sell the saw back on with the current problem advertised as I cant live with it its messing up my newly fitted shelves.

wish people selling stuff were honest so frustrating.

I had a look round last night, after I posted. 

Seems my leak isn't the common issue. It appears to usually leak from the suction pipe you posted (from tank to pump). 

Threads on other forums suggest fitting a new pipe, and seating it in a sealant where it passes through into the tank. Feedback suggests this solves the leak.

Don't give up on that saw just yet. I'm going to have a look at my leak now, too, as I had always assumed I just had to put up with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony-1976 said:

im  the type of person that if its not right it needs to be fixed or nothing at all.

Better off just buying new then? 

Ive no long bought a Makita (Dolmar) EA4300f up from Amazon.de for 200 euro's. came with two Oregon chains and an 18'' bar. Thats a 43cc saw as well.

found this link today

WWW.ARBORISTSITE.COM

Well, this hasn't been touched on in awhile so I thought I would do a thread on addressing the dreaded Dolmar puddle...

very good read up but I'm not sure its something I can tackle I would rather find someone that could take this job on for me and get my old saw fixed.