Am I being savvy or the absolute opposite?

AHPP

I’m sprucing up my new van. Not a full time tree truck. Daily driver, light camper, occasionally throw some saws in.

The chassis and suspension is in good order and I want to keep it that way. Current plan is wire brush, hammerite and then waxoyl. Now where I think I’m being clever is by using white hammerite and black waxoyl so I’ll be able to periodically inspect and see patches of white where the waxoyl’s worn off and brown on white where I’ve got some rust. Am I instead setting myself up for hell at the MOT by making every ounce of inevitable rust visible? Am I better off doing it all black?

No welding needed. Wasn’t even going to drag out the grinder with a wire wheel. Just rage with a hand brush for twenty minutes and call it good. Happy to faff if it’s rewarded. It’s a cracking van.

Just use the Waxoyle  . If you can get a pipe with a nozzle and push it inside the chassis rails all the better . ( just thought you probably don't have a conventional rail chassis if its a van . )   

Edited by Stubby
  • Thanks 1

I got a pressure sprayer fr compressor  ( with internal pipe -  but just bodge something up) but heat waxoyle in boiling water pan. Goes a lot further and easier. Gets in where its needed an do yr leaf springs with it too. MoT man will test structure load points with hammer regardless of what color it is. K

• Like 1

Just now, Khriss said:

I got a pressure sprayer fr compressor  ( with internal pipe -  but just bodge something up) but heat waxoyle in boiling water pan. Goes a lot further and easier. Gets in where its needed an do yr leaf springs with it too. MoT man will test structure load points with hammer regardless of what color it is. K

This .  ......And I say this no matter how much Khriss ripps the piss outta me ?

• Haha 1