Certificate of Competence in Chainsaw and Related Operations Review Consultation

puwer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is that courses ARE expensive, because most are put thru via a company, who recoups training costs thru the govt. As a company, I had all my training costs re-imbursed when I started out. So this way its not SO bad. In relation to how much you earn per job, per annum, are they really that dear??

You have to do the course because all it teaches you is how to pass the assesment thats it. I can do my job but im sure the assesor will have his own idea of whats right.

Like we say people dont want to pay for our services what we should get so why should we get super over charged by a training provider.

If you want more qualified climbers in the industry its time to offer affordable qualifications how many new employees on crap wages can afford 750 for the first cs30-31

Employers dont put most workers on the courses round here they are meant to but they refuse and expect you to do it yourself and most cant afford the price.

In my own case, I was made redundant. I had to apply for the courses, get the prices, and submit them to the re-Training department of the Job Centre for their approval. Then on completion of the course, just sent the bill thru to the relevant person. I think there was a limit in the region of £2,500 at the time.

Anyway, am I right in thinking that staff training, or a percentage of it, is tax deductable?

Exactly how can £750 be justified for maintaining a saw and felling a bonsai tree.

When i started i got 250 a week then taxed had to buy all my gear etc how can you afford 3-4 weeks wages on one course then you loose a weeks wages doing the course so £1000 it will cost you to do the muppet first course.

Then your 38/39 is about £1000 in my area 650 arial 350 pruning so you loose over a weeks wages doing these say £1500 And thats just the basic courses

So for the average person this is just too much.

You wonder why people dont bother with qualifications one because you dont need them as long as you can proove your competent use an old company as a reference is fine for insurances not all.

I would like to have all the qualifications but i wont pay these prices ever im sure some people on here must agree they need a drastic price reduction