Anyone using modded saws?

Charlieh

Theres no replacement for displacement.

On a two stroke engine most restrictions are put on exhaust design.

Let more air in more air out and correct the fuel mixture and thats the way the cookie crumbles.

you could port and polish the block and cylinder head maybe increase the jets on the carb any onme done this.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr Frankensaw has been at work in the bowels of his lab and is perfecting the 357xp.

Yes the grafting of a 262xp carb onto a 357xp has taken place and early awakening of the monster has shown it to be of a powerful nature. Minor adjustments to allow sensible control of the off switch need to be done , but who in their right mind would want to turn this monster off. I will send further reports soon.

Here I sit in somewhat amazement.You folks in the UK have been proven to build the fastest 2 cycle motorcycles in the world but darned few tinker with saws.Now why is that???

I have learned more about porting 2 cycle engines on British motorcycle web sites than all the reading I've ever done.You guys are going to have to get with the program now.

Here I sit in somewhat amazement.You folks in the UK have been proven to build the fastest 2 cycle motorcycles in the world but darned few tinker with saws.Now why is that???

I have learned more about porting 2 cycle engines on British motorcycle web sites than all the reading I've ever done.You guys are going to have to get with the program now.

Nice one uncle Al, guess we are a bit slow at looking under our noses!

• 1 year later...

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00350.jpg

Heres my woods ported 262XP Tha squish has been tightened the exhaust port widened and raised 1mm, The intake was reshaped and widened the lower transfers were shaped for better flow and the uppers opened 2mm towards the intake.

The exhaust exit has been opened to 120% of the modded exhaust port.

It 4strokes well at 13,900 and cleans up in the cut nice.

Its my go to saw, Its so much fun to use.

Hell guys i even have a muffler modded FS250 strimmer.

I've got several modified saws I've done myself in varied degrees of enhancement . I think the last one I did was a Stihl 200T .

I haven't elaberated too much on this site about how to do same though .

The 200 has a domed piston,shaved cylinder and a gutted muffler and it does extremely well for a little tiny thing . In timed cuts on 8 by 8 cants it makes two in a little over 11 seconds whereas the average stocker is 15-16 seconds .

Fact is at one little gathering myself and another gent were out cutting 40 plus cc saws with these little gems . They will scoot if you know how to do it .

I've got several modified saws I've done myself in varied degrees of enhancement . I think the last one I did was a Stihl 200T .

I haven't elaberated too much on this site about how to do same though .

The 200 has a domed piston,shaved cylinder and a gutted muffler and it does extremely well for a little tiny thing . In timed cuts on 8 by 8 cants it makes two in a little over 11 seconds whereas the average stocker is 15-16 seconds .

Fact is at one little gathering myself and another gent were out cutting 40 plus cc saws with these little gems . They will scoot if you know how to do it .

Hey Al hurry up and do that 036 034 hybrid so i will have some ideas for my 036!