Ash & oak cordwood

s.varty

Recently quoted £45 ton for very green beech in Dorset, that's for an artic load delivered,plus vat at top rate. The seller, ( a forestry company), estimated around 1 cubic metre to the ton so I guess that makes the ash and oak good value, And yes, it is a brilliant site.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone getting it in for £45 / ton delivered.

As far as standing goes, anyone know a typical rate for mixed hardwood coppice, a lot of ash (about 6" dia), say about 20 year old since last cut, most of the bigger stuff to be left as standards. ? It would be North East Midlands / South Yorkshire.

I've got various opinions so far..it used to be about £10 / ton, FC round here seem to be expecting £15-20 / ton, and another bloke thinks £10 / ton is too much. I'm buying some from the last bloke, but he hasn't got much.

was that for firewood? - who can make that pay at that rate?

The people who are selling split log for £70-£100 a cube, at between 1.5 and 3 cube to the tonne, I would say there is scope for a decent profit :001_smile:

Edited by skyhuck

I've had 10 tonne loads delivered in at £35.00t cash this past year. But that's from a fellow Arbtalker.

I've got my first 26t artic load coming up from kent at £35t + £16t haulage but no VAT as soon as the weather improves. That's mixed ash, oak, hornbeam & birch, all good firewoods. I'm happy that I can still get a decent winter earner at that price.

The Kent supplier says that 80% of his wood (100's of tonnes) comes up to East Anglia.

I'm led to believe the FC recently sold hardwood timber in Norfolk for about 35quid/tonne standing, so that doesnt sound bad in comparison.

When I was with the FC in Thetford (same district) last year, we were selling 3m hardwood for around £32-£35/tonne roadside. They were going out in fairly large quantities though.

I bought two artics mainly oak/ash, 26T per load, £39/T + 5%VAT delivered. Very mixed diameter stuff though but should make good firewood when sold next winter for £100/cubic metre. Should split in to 80 cubic metres

Total outlay = £2130

80 cube = £8000

It's worth what ever some one will pay for it.

I bought two artics mainly oak/ash, 26T per load, £39/T + 5%VAT delivered. Very mixed diameter stuff though but should make good firewood when sold next winter for £100/cubic metre. Should split in to 80 cubic metres

Total outlay = £2130

80 cube = £8000

It's worth what ever some one will pay for it.

How did you get away with 5% vat, as you are not the end user??????????