Covid-19

Ratman

10 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I think there is many facets as to why we're being forced into such a draconian lock-down. 

Arse covering for a very poor initial reaction, blame for this can also be laid firmly at the WHO's feet though. 

Arse covering for continual cock-ups and wildly wrong predictions. 

When you hear it from the horses mouth when they have their guard down then yes, Id be inclined to believe them when they're caught with their pants down and rubbing their hands in glee. 

And you just have to follow the money with the Tories. The Track and Trace App and numerous other contracts being awarded to their mates. We're talking billions here.

To say that this pandemic has not been used to line their own pockets is at best naïve and at worse self induced ignorance. 

ggffg.jpg.9c1eaa3ed84b26ec210da250f51ab3f4.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Johnsond

Have you started building yer frigging shed yet? Just got mine wired up. Cost £400!

I can live with that no probs at all, we are after all supposed to live in a country where differing opinions are the norm. Just out of curiosity and maybe to put some perspective on things how old are you, bearing in mind the comment earlier ref the vaccine ? 

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Let me flip it around to yourself and ask when is enough enough for you in regards the restrictions we  are living with and under. Bearing in mind the effect on children’s education and  mental health, the long term consequences for hundreds of thousands suffering from other illnesses never mind the damage to the economy. 
My mother whom is in her 70s with dementia albeit early stages hit the nail on the head after nearly a year of shielding and not seeing hardly anyone including her grandchildren when she stated that this is certainly not how she wants to live the remainder of her life. Basically an existence consisting of confinement and loneliness. 

I agree, it's rubbish for many people. Rubbish for isolated people considered to be vulnerable, rubbish for kids who should be in school, rubbish for adults who should be working with others, rubbish for teachers trying their best to teach online, rubbish for parents trying to hold onto their jobs whilst helping their kids with school work, rubbish for people who've lost their jobs or their businesses have failed, rubbish for students whose very expensive education has been nothing like they expected, rubbish  for those trying to start their careers. Mental health is a massive issue, it was before and will be worse once this is finally over.

When will enough be enough? I hope their won't be many if any more restrictions on our lives, I hope the roll out of the vaccine will reduce spread and allow things to open up again soon-ish. I hope my kids can go back to school soon for them, their teachers and the parents and I can get more work done rather than turning down work as I have to be there to help them half the week. But I won't be protesting, demanding the end to these restrictions if the scientific community  generally feels it's the correct course of action.

Personally I couldn't give a toss if we have to have so called vaccine passports to travel or use certain facilities, the government and whoever else have my details in numerous other ways and I'm keen to have it ASAP. I'm not scared of getting Covid but I'd rather not run the risk of having prolonged symptoms if I can avoid it. 

I don't have any elderly relatives that I see regularly, my in-laws have isolated themselves for a while now and my dad lives in Guernsey so despite him falling off a ladder and spending months in hospital I haven't seen him for over a year and they've had a lovely time due to very strict quarantine measures up until 3 weeks ago, now they're in the same boat as us except track and trace seems to be working and they may get on top of their outbreak again. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rob D said:

If you get a chance have a look at the £22 billion the gov spent on track and trace. The companies it went to and their in-direct affiliation with gov. And the shambles it turned out to be.

Because that looks to me very much like these people are making serious decisions affecting millions with the intention to line their back pockets [and those they know].

There does seem to be no doubt that track and trace is a farce, the contract should probably have gone to the NHS who already have track and trace systems in place like tracking and tracing STI'S etc but I obviously didnt word my comment correctly. Im interested in the comments of those that say this is all been blown out of proportion and the likes of lockdowns, distancing, masks, not visiting people, shutting pubs restaurants, closing the borders etc arent necessary and that we are being lied to and its all for some other agenda. What agenda, who is lying to us and why. 

• Like 1

There does seem to be no doubt that track and trace is a farce, the contract should probably have gone to the NHS who already have track and trace systems in place like tracking and tracing STI'S etc but I obviously didnt word my comment correctly. Im interested in the comments of those that say this is all been blown out of proportion and the likes of lockdowns, distancing, masks, not visiting people, shutting pubs restaurants, closing the borders etc arent necessary and that we are being lied to and its all for some other agenda. What agenda, who is lying to us and why. 
You'll struggle to get a reasonable answer from either of that pair, The Chuckle Brothers, (without the chuckle!). You might get an answer, but it won't be to your questions and it'll more than likely be bellicose in nature.
  • Like 2