Covid-19

Ratman

The amount of missed Cancer screenings will be a huge scandal in years to come, most likely sooner. Thats just one aspect. When you tot up all the other missed surgery's etc its putting a massive amount of peoples lives at risk or in continual agony. We're severely buggering up our children's education and the building blocks they need to form normal social interactions by being in continual isolation. Its criminal whats going on.

Long Covid seems to affect a very small percentage of those who catch the virus. Yet catching Cancer to late will simply kill you. Certain death v something that may or may not be a thing and may or may not have any long term effects. 

These apologist t*ats will always, always have a reason why they they feel we should be kept in this every more draconian lock-down. 
Cancer is not contagious you know. Unlike Covid-19.

I've never understood this logic behind the missed screenings, treatments and other collateral damaged caused by the cancellation of elective surgeries. Of course it is happening, no one is disputing that. Another tragic consequence of a pandemic.

How is that attributable to Lockdown?

From everything I hear, in the media, (main stream), and directly from health care professional friends of mine, the NHS is being overwhelmed with Covid-19 patients. This obviously means that they simply do not have the resources, (facilities or people), to carry out all the normal screenings, treatments and elective surgeries. To my mind the only way to resolve this is to reduce CV-19 numbers of patients being admitted. Hence Lockdowns, masks etc.

Is my logic flawed here? How else do we reduce this massive drain on NHS resources other than by reducing transmission of the virus?
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Cancer is not contagious you know. Unlike Covid-19.

I've never understood this logic behind the missed screenings, treatments and other collateral damaged caused by the cancellation of elective surgeries. Of course it is happening, no one is disputing that. Another tragic consequence of a pandemic.

How is that attributable to Lockdown?

From everything I hear, in the media, (main stream), and directly from health care professional friends of mine, the NHS is being overwhelmed with Covid-19 patients. This obviously means that they simply do not have the resources, (facilities or people), to carry out all the normal screenings, treatments and elective surgeries. To my mind the only way to resolve this is to reduce CV-19 numbers of patients being admitted. Hence Lockdowns, masks etc.

Is my logic flawed here? How else do we reduce this massive drain on NHS resources other than by reducing transmission of the virus?

Regarding the stats Andy put up earlier ??. Do you acknowledge those as correct. 

The amount of missed Cancer screenings will be a huge scandal in years to come, most likely sooner. Thats just one aspect. When you tot up all the other missed surgery's etc its putting a massive amount of peoples lives at risk or in continual agony. We're severely buggering up our children's education and the building blocks they need to form normal social interactions by being in continual isolation. Its criminal whats going on.

Long Covid seems to affect a very small percentage of those who catch the virus. Yet catching Cancer to late will simply kill you. Certain death v something that may or may not be a thing and may or may not have any long term effects. 

These apologist t*ats will always, always have a reason why they they feel we should be kept in this every more draconian lock-down. 
 apologist

/əˈpɒlədʒɪst/

noun

a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.

'critics said he was an apologist for colonialism' >>>>>>>>

I'm sure you could and probably will argue it the other way but to me Herd Immunity and minimal if any transmission limitation measures are actually the controversial stance in this pandemic. Just look at other countries around the world.

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Regarding the stats Andy put up earlier ??. Do you acknowledge those as correct. 

He’s desperately looking for any scrap of evidence to the contrary. 

Since he clearly can’t it far easier to just start an Ad Hominem argument instead. 

Next he’ll move onto his favourite, Dogma. 

I can't acknowledge that those stats are correct, not having access to the source data or skills to analyse it, but they don't look too far off current estimates. On the other hand given that the source was Nigel Farage they ought to be very stringently fact checked!

However, the average ages of Covid victims is academic really, it's seriously missing the point. The problem is that those thousands of patients are taking a massive amount of resource to care for and treat. Regardless of age. If anything older patients need more resources. The consequence is that the lucky majority of the population that aren't adversely effected by Covid conversely suffer because they can't get the services that they require. How do you two in your wisdom suggest that we resolve this problem?

I've done the courteous thing and answered the question asked of me. Perhaps one of you could return the favour now.

NORWAYTODAY.INFO

Professor Jonas F. Ludvigsson at Karolinska Institutet (KI) in Stockholm will stop researching COVID-19 after receiving a...

Ludvigsson, who is also a pediatrician at Örebro University Hospital, has received hate messages and threats for his research, including a study that showed that primary school teachers are less likely to become seriously ill with coronavirus than other adults.

Ole-Petter-Ottersen-Terje-Bendiksby-NTB.jpg NORWAYTODAY.INFO
Professor Jonas F. Ludvigsson at Karolinska Institutet (KI) in Stockholm will stop researching COVID-19 after receiving a...  
Ludvigsson, who is also a pediatrician at Örebro University Hospital, has received hate messages and threats for his research, including a study that showed that primary school teachers are less likely to become seriously ill with coronavirus than other adults.
Thanks for that. It illustrates a very sad state of affairs.
In no way though does it answer any of my questions. I'll rephrase it in case you missed it.

What's your solution to our current health crisis?

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

You absolutely can compare the UK to Norway. How on earth does the virus know its in a packed store in Norway with no one wearing a mask and not a packed store in the UK that has enforced mask wearing? How does the virus know its in a packed Ski Centre in Norway and not in a packed Ski Centre in Scotland? 

We've been forced to wear masks in the UK for months in the UK and still not everywhere in Norway. There is still a large BAME (I hate that expression) in all the Cities here in Norway, so how does the Virus differentiate that its in Norway and not the UK. 

And no,  everyone is not 'spread out' the majority of the population is in the Cities and Towns. The vast Majority of Norway is a wilderness. 

By your reckoning of the UK Government reacting slowly you'd have to admit the Norwegian Governments reaction is a snails pace and still no where near that of the UK. 

When you have two countries side by side, with the same genetic make up and ethnicity you really do need to ask yourself why one managed just fine without breaking out the Jack-boots and the other feels the need for it. 

I find your inability to grasp the very basics of viral spread, after nearly a year of this is utterly staggering.

• Like 4

Just now, skyhuck said:

I find your inability to grasp the very basics of viral spread, after nearly a year of this is utterly staggering.

Yeh, I'm staggered as well. I mean, how on earth does it spread so fast in the UK with all the restrictions and masks in place yet with the same populations densities in towns and cities here in Norway its below that of the UK and there is less restrictions and voluntary mask wearing. The infection and death rates are lower, they're not the same or higher, they're lower.

As someone who has a such a self-professed grasp of the very basics of viral spread can you please explain why?