What System do you use and why?

Ian Flatters

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

180t tonne crane is a VERY big crane!!!!! and I would have thought VERY expensive.

I used an 85t crane 10 years ago and it cost £850 per day back then.

Were you on a crane job for Fountains on the railways, at a primary school in Manchester Dave maybe 15 years ago, knocking down a line of Pops ? I seem to remember a Transit with you and a few others there. I've got some rubbish photos somewhere!

180t tonne crane is a VERY big crane!!!!! and I would have thought VERY expensive.

What job did you use an 180t on?? and what did it cost??

we brought a cran company in to quote for some contract lifting on a job where we had 14 macrocarpas to come down behing some bungalows with verry little access and boardering the main train line , the crane company wanted to use the 180 ton crane because of the distance from the setting out poinf for the crane and the trees and also due to the trail line . it was explained to me by the company that they needed to ensure that the crane would opperate safely in such a location and because of the distance from carne driver to the tree there was a risk that some of the timber could swing and could possibly take the load out side of the working radius which could result in the crane clooapsing . any wya in the end network rail would not give us full posession of the line and had to be done under a t2 . the cost of the crane was going to be £1076.35 plus vat per day and we were going to want the crane there for 3 days . shame it didnt plan out as it would have been great fun

Were you on a crane job for Fountains on the railways, at a primary school in Manchester Dave maybe 15 years ago, knocking down a line of Pops ? I seem to remember a Transit with you and a few others there. I've got some rubbish photos somewhere!

That does ring a bell, was it around Xmas time??????????

The job I was thinking of was for fountains, but it was in Telford, big Beech over an A road.

They subbed me in with 2 groundies, I took their truck and chipper and they supplied the 85t crane and TM.

Wouldn't the bollard have been better than the winch?

Oh and another bonus of the bollard is that if you scratch it just right - you can kill all your cheap lowering ropes... :D

Seem to think the bollard was designed to be used packed with ice as an option...! :confused1: