Solving the Housing Problem!

Billhook

Just now, egnsean said:

So people on the Nat min wage all 2M or so of them need to work smart and get a higher paying job so that they can afford to buy a house?

Yes.

Just now, egnsean said:

then who is going to to do all the lower paid work?

Plenty people do not wish to burdened by a Mortgage. The refusal of a significant number of tenants to take advantage of buying their Council house proves this. 

The reality is if you're a cleaner, or work in McD's or any other menial job your whole life is subsadised by the tax payer. They simply cannot afford the mortgage and upkeep of a property, let alone put food on the table. 

Low paid work does not need to come with the negative connotations you are applying. Low Paid work is not a bread winner wage. Be it a wife or a husband who is in the lower paid work it should maybe be considered a supplementary income. 

5 minutes ago, egnsean said:

if it came to this Thank god for Brexit  Lol.

No idea what that last comment means. But seems like you're pro-brexit, and thats awesome. :D 

Just now, Mark Bolam said:

Anyone who works should be able to buy a house if they want.

The problem I see is entitlement.

My first statement doesn’t mean everyone can immediately buy a house exactly where they want.

I 100% agree here. The ability of the working man to be able to buy property has to be one of the single biggest contributors to Social Justice in modern times.

And I agree, the sense of entitlement of many, some here it would seem, is quite palpable. 

I also agree that although people should have the availability to gain a mortgage they should not have it presented to them on a plate regardless of their lifestyle choices. Sometimes the hoops you may find you need to jump though are intangible. That means you as an individual need to make the changes needed to jump through the hoops, not other people or institutions. 

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yes.

Plenty people do not wish to burdened by a Mortgage. The refusal of a significant number of tenants to take advantage of buying their Council house proves this. 

The reality is if you're a cleaner, or work in McD's or any other menial job your whole life is subsadised by the tax payer. They simply cannot afford the mortgage and upkeep of a property, let alone put food on the table. 

Low paid work does not need to come with the negative connotations you are applying. Low Paid work is not a bread winner wage. Be it a wife or a husband who is in the lower paid work it should maybe be considered a supplementary income. 

No idea what that last comment means. But seems like you're pro-brexit, and thats awesome. :D 

The reality though is that for hundreds of thousands if not millions of couples and single folk it is not a supplementary income but it is their main source of income and for whatever reason the only work available to them, I think most would buy given the choice rather than pay around £500 per month rent for a two bed terrace.

As for my last comment if everyone worked smart and got a higher paying job who would they be replaced by? 

Oh I bought my Ex Council house, Dont like the Torys but took full advantage of their Right to Buy scheme Lol.

• Like 1

Just now, egnsean said:

The reality though is that for hundreds of thousands if not millions of couples and single folk it is not a supplementary income but it is their main source of income

Then they simply cannot afford to own a home. Its just not feasible. They cannot even get by without handouts from the tax payers. Why should people who actually pay tax fund someones mortgage? Its barking. 

Just now, egnsean said:

I think most would buy given the choice rather than pay around £500 per month rent for a two bed terrace.

But you're ignoring the fact their 'wages' are supplemented by tax payers and also that being minimum wage earners they are most likely never going to be in a position to maintain their properties. What are they gonna do when the central heating packs in? Or the windows need changed?  

£500 is cheap anyway, they should  be chuffed. 

3 minutes ago, egnsean said:

As for my last comment if everyone worked smart and got a higher paying job who would they be replaced by? 

The type of people these jobs are aimed at. People starting out in life, Students, second income earners, people happy just muddling by renting all their lives. 

Oh I bought my Ex Council house,

Bully for you.

Dont like the Torys but took full advantage of their Right to Buy scheme Lol.

Yeh, you sound the type......

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Then they simply cannot afford to own a home. Its just not feasible. They cannot even get by without handouts from the tax payers. Why should people who actually pay tax fund someones mortgage? Its barking. 

But you're ignoring the fact their 'wages' are supplemented by tax payers and also that being minimum wage earners they are most likely never going to be in a position to maintain their properties. What are they gonna do when the central heating packs in? Or the windows need changed?  

£500 is cheap anyway, they should  be chuffed. 

The type of people these jobs are aimed at. People starting out in life, Students, second income earners, people happy just muddling by renting all their lives. 

Bully for you.

Yeh, you sound the type......

but your ignoring the fact that houses in the Uk are over priced in comparison to many peoples income which you seem to blame on the low paid members of our society, me thinks you believe you are a Superior being, sad but Hey Ho

ohhhhh you sound jealous of my big discount curtesy  of Maggie the milk snatcher Lol

Just now, egnsean said:

but your ignoring the fact that houses in the Uk are over priced

Says who? Compared to what country? 

Just now, egnsean said:

comparison to many peoples income

Yet millions and millions and millions of people can and do afford a mortgage. Ive explained why some will never be home owners, I'll not waste my time repeating why. 

1 minute ago, egnsean said:

ohhhhh you sound jealous of my big discount curtesy  of Maggie the milk snatcher Lol

Not at all. My Mother made good use of the right to buy. Personally I am quite happy Ive never had to rely on anyone else's handouts, but that is just the way I am. You might be able to hold your head up high under such circumstances, personally I could not.

Yet the irony remains. A stereotypical Labour/Libtard voter making full use of a Tory policy and still proud to vote for the party that offers them nothing.

Like I said earlier; you sound the type.  

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Labour/Libtard voter

And what makes you think i vote for any party? full of assumptions aren't you 

17 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Like I said earlier; you sound the type.

stereotyping folk, i suppose its to be expected, prob never missed an episode of Benefits Street, Sad keeps coming to mind. 

26 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Personally I am quite happy Ive never had to rely on anyone else's handouts, but that is just the way I am. You might be able to hold your head up high under such circumstances, personally I could not.

In your own words Bully for You, I have no reason not to be able to hold my head up high unless your referring to the Right to Buy, in which case which part of RIGHT do you not understand?

7 hours ago, egnsean said:

In your own words Bully for You, I have no reason not to be able to hold my head up high unless your referring to the Right to Buy, in which case which part of RIGHT do you not understand?

Typical entitlement attitude. You got lucky. That’s all there is too it. 

I agree with what you are saying re house prices and areas though. In the whole of the SE, you need to be a higher rate taxpayer to get a mortgage on an average house. 

I’m sure Andy will counter that by saying ‘well move to Wales’. But who will do all the menial stuff in Surrey? It’s not correct to suggest that millions will never be homeowners simply because they are lazy. There are houses everywhere for £40k- but there’s no work in those places so how would they pay the mortgage? Especially if everyone moves there.