Pops over river

Lancstree

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the compliments fellas. We haven't got a GRCS and it would have been useful. The rigging was tricky because only one of the trees overhung the path/landing zone enough to bring stuff ashore and that was a skinny one. We used that for a lot of the stuff way out over the river and it took extra time because we did really small sections that were light enough to pull up with a couple of extra hands. To be honest I didn't have much input to the planning of the job as we started it the day I was shown it. The gaffers did a method statement and risk assessment.

I prefer to wear my rope bag when over the river but its a pain feeding the rope back in as you advance up - still better than getting it wet. We used the big trailer so we didn't have to go off site to dump chip and bucket tractor and extra trailer to tow logs off site.

There is one at the end of the row that requires traffic management as it overhangs the road very close to a busy roundabout so I have that to look forward to! Forgot to mention that the rigging was even more difficult as there are hawthorns underneath that are to be retained! Lots more work around the park so I'll post some more pics

HAve you got a grcs? Looks like a good job for one, set the tallest biggest straightest tree up as the rigging point then work the whole lot from there.

my thoughts exactly

job would of gone a long way to paying for one

open gob, big winch and fix the spikey fence with a hammer and a monkey rench later:biggrin: a builders manitu would be the bollox for that job. but i have done the same many a time before, i hate spikey fences, that one didnt look to bad, its hte new big galvy ones that really give me the heeby geebies:thumbdown::001_smile:

A few pics of a job we were on a couple of weeks ago. Still need to get the timbers down as we have pulled off onto something else. The were not big at all but they all hung over the river so everything had to be roped back to the path over the iron fence, then chipped over a wall into the big trailer. It would have been a good job for zipline but not enough gear for it. Skyhucks crane would have had the job done in a day probably!

They didn't even asked me for a price mate.

I think they only put out to tender stuff you guys won't have time to get to.

You would think they would be better looking at each job and deciding which jobs would be best suited to yourselves or a contractor.

Looks like you did a good job with the limited gear available, nice one!!!:thumbup:

Cheers skyhuck. I told my gaffer that it would have been better with a crane such as yours; could have got the mog right up close to that wall and picked stuff right over it to where there was loads of space to stack it or saw it up. If I could get more involved in the planning of jobs I could make suggestions at the right time.