Does nobody sell sharp knives anymore??

Mozza

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good cheap knives, fixed blades Moras are worth a look there about a tenner, folders, and legal to carry, Trevor Ablett are good and British made by hand,

Pocket Knives Made in Sheffield by Little Mester Trevor Ablett

Greenman Bushcraft - Cutting Tools > Bushcraft Knives > Frosts Mora Bushcraft Training Knife - High Carbon Clipper

Some other good knives in his shop.

A friend of mine used to make knives and made me this in return for prunning his tree.

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

don't know if this will be any use but it might at least give you insperation. i made this from a worn out old diamond circular saw blade. making your own you can customise it to the purpose you intend to use it for.

Very nice Dave D :001_cool:

I wouldnt know were to start with making my own tho pal, That does look sweet tho

My everyday knife is a Buck 110 lock knife,with a leather belt pouch and pencil sharpener. It was given to me 12 years ago while on work experiance in scotland and it still holds a good edge. just done a quick google and there about £55.

Very nice Dave D :001_cool:

I wouldnt know were to start with making my own tho pal, That does look sweet tho

if you decide to give it a go first think about what you are goin to be mostly using it for then draw a design on paper that best suits that purpose, consider blade length, shape, angle etc. remember handle design will play a part in the ease of use of the knife...... i could go on. cut out your design and lay it on your chosen piece of metal then cut and shape. something like a dremmel is ideal for this. try not to let the metal heat up too much as it can alter the stucture and strength of the metal. i'm trying not to get too technical and detailed but i hope this gives you an idea:thumbup1:

ps look at other designs for ideas and be patient when making it:001_smile: