Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
difflock

Bugger the LGV, run a faster Fastrac instead

Recommended Posts

WWW.EQUIPMENTWORLD.COM

Apparently setting one world record in 2019 wasn’t enough for the folks at JCB. Following record-breaking runs in June that made the JCB Fastrac the world’s fastest tractor, the team...

They did not mention if she was running on a "drap o the Cherry", or praper clear Diesel, most odd🙄

Edited by difflock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, difflock said:
WWW.EQUIPMENTWORLD.COM

Apparently setting one world record in 2019 wasn’t enough for the folks at JCB. Following record-breaking runs in June that made the JCB Fastrac the world’s fastest tractor, the team...

They did not mention if she was running on a "drap o the Cherry", or praper clear Diesel, most odd🙄

do you think it would make a differenc cherry or clear ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? Pointless publicity stunt. Put the money into improving the actual machines we may be using. Shite like this turns me off brands.

While I'm ranting, by what definition is it still a tractor? Will it pull a power harrow at 150? Is it better at being a tractor? Doubtful. It's like putting a 48 inch bar on a ms170 and saying you have the world's lightest 4ft chainsaw. You may, but it will be shit at its job.

Rant over. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I fully support JCB in this "publicty stunt", worth many many times the invested cost for all concerned, including btw. B.K.T. Tyres, who had the cajones to supply the tyres, i.e. NOT Michelin or any other "big brand".

Mind you I am not sure who owns the BKT brand?

I also deduce a lot of the work was "subbed out" to JCB suppliers, so no cost to JCB there, but excellent publicity for the suppliers, and it was also a an attractive "wacky" project for the young JCB Engineers and apprentices to get stuck into with their youthful enthusiasm.

And Guy Martin as the driver, genius!

So a win-win-win-win  .  .  .

cheers

marcus

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Why? Pointless publicity stunt. Put the money into improving the actual machines we may be using. Shite like this turns me off brands.

While I'm ranting, by what definition is it still a tractor? Will it pull a power harrow at 150? Is it better at being a tractor? Doubtful. It's like putting a 48 inch bar on a ms170 and saying you have the world's lightest 4ft chainsaw. You may, but it will be shit at its job.

Rant over. 

 

 

mate, did you put extra sugar in your coffee this morning?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, difflock said:

Actually I fully support JCB in this "publicty stunt", worth many many times the invested cost for all concerned, including btw. B.K.T. Tyres, who had the cajones to supply the tyres, i.e. NOT Michelin or any other "big brand".

Mind you I am not sure who owns the BKT brand?

I also deduce a lot of the work was "subbed out" to JCB suppliers, so no cost to JCB there, but excellent publicity for the suppliers, and it was also a an attractive "wacky" project for the young JCB Engineers and apprentices to get stuck into with their youthful enthusiasm.

And Guy Martin as the driver, genius!

So a win-win-win-win  .  .  .

cheers

marcus

 

Totally agree with the above and it has certainly got people talking about it, and when this happens there is generally a sales increase, and in the shit time of Brexit is it a ploy to boost overseas sales if so good on them, as you cant beat a bit of forward thinking and this to me is forward thinking at the top level, once over we where called Great Britain and lead the world in engineering but today i dont think so, may be this is the start of a great british engineering empire again and my hat is raised to all the staff behind this project, and i am sure John Cyril Bamford would of been very proud of this world record project,

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to watch on telly (so much shite on these days), big fan of Guy too. They created a pretty cool "big fast thing" utilising a few tractor parts and re designing everything to look similar to a Fastrac. It is not a tractor though, no hydraulics, no linkage, pick up hitch, PTO, spools etc etc. Appreciate you don't need all of what I've mentioned to make a tractor but you at least need a few.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, difflock said:

 

And Guy Martin as the driver, genius!

So a win-win-win-win  .  .  .

cheers

marcus

 

Have to agree with you on the guy martin bit, impossible not to like him, his can do attitude and his abilities. A genuine living legend. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Have to agree with you on the guy martin bit, impossible not to like him, his can do attitude and his abilities. A genuine living legend. 

 

Liked it when he decided to drive it in work boots.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.