Milling Job

trigger_andy

Just now, topchippyles said:

I do not have a woodmizer andy but they are just a far superior saw on speed and most have hydraulic loading and self cutting operation 

Ah ok, I guess it depends on the Woodmizer in question? I cant see a LT15 or the sizes around that being any faster than the Mill I have now. LT40's on the other hand with hydraulics then yes. 

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Ah ok, I guess it depends on the Woodmizer in question? I cant see a LT15 or the sizes around that being any faster than the Mill I have now. LT40's on the other hand with hydraulics then yes. 

The smaller ones no but most woodmizers i have seen are in the larger range,I have used the LT 40 and the thing is just an animal,Diesel power engine and will cut big stuff.Operator speed makes a big difference to.Had yours a while now so should be pretty quick at it,Did you get the trailer after mate ???

Just now, topchippyles said:

The smaller ones no but most woodmizers i have seen are in the larger range,I have used the LT 40 and the thing is just an animal,Diesel power engine and will cut big stuff.Operator speed makes a big difference to.Had yours a while now so should be pretty quick at it,Did you get the trailer after mate ???

Yeh, all bolted up now and electrics ran yesterday. Some final fettering with adjustments now its on the Trailer today and Im good to go.  

74235541_534749483757886_5935857601521647616_n.jpg

76640152_1333392936784427_6037777377319190528_n.jpg

• Like 3

Hi there is a guy here in lancs with a mobile woodmizer mill he is on £350 a day plus a bit of traveling and blades so you may be a bit cheap at £30 an hour but if it will benifit you in the long run with this guy having a good supply of timber, your may be not that far off and there is one thing i all ways say is look at these things from every angle, and dont just think about tomorrow think well a head especially if you think there could be more to come from the same source, the guy above is not mad busy but steady away he dont addvertise any where but if i rang him it would be 2-3 wk before he could do owt, Have a look round and you will come up with a realistic answer the guy who is rushed off his feet with work is to cheap, the guy who sits at home 4 days a week is to expensive, i am sure you get picture,Good luck with it as well, 

Chainsaw milling is a bit different to bandsaw milling.
Let me break it down.
An hour plus per chain on the grinder.
Grinds £25 off a £100 chain per job.
An hour or two driving to site.
7-8 hours onsite.
Every time you hit a chunk of metal it's 45-60 mins filing off another £25.
Another hour of two driving back.
Bars are £400+ when you've bent it/ worn it
10litres of motomix £40
6 litres of bio oil £35
Panther mill £700
Ms880 £1800
By the time you've loaded/ unloaded your looking at a 14 hour day minimum.
I charge £395 a day.
Take out:
£40 saw fuel
£35 oil
£50 half a chain
£20 vehicle fuel
£25 for 1% value if saw and mill.
That's £220 I earn for a 14 hour day.
I charge £150 with a 261 for 7-8 hours.
Any less than £395 is insane.
Also the wood I cut is often worth £395+ a slab.
Hmmmm
Price just went up to £450.
[emoji106]

• Like 2