New Addition

5 shires

3 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

I stand corrected.  I bet you loved that!

No . not particularly as we did not stipulate it had to be a worker just an assumption on my part . They have a bit of a pushed in face , like a king Charles ? 

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

No . not particularly as we did not stipulate it had to be a worker just an assumption on my part . They have a bit of a pushed in face , like a king Charles ? 

Don't think so, I thought they were similar to our cockers. As a matter of interest,  two years ago I went to give a quote for stump grinding, to a woman down near Mick  Dempsey's place. Knocked on the door and this woman answered with a couple of clumbers. Hadn't seen one for over 40 years. Im pretty sure they're classed as endangered. Cracking little dogs. They were breeding and using them on Saddleworth moor in the grouse season. Her husband was in Manchester working but liked the odd day on the Moor. A bit up herself to be honest and seemed a bit of a bull shitter. I'm sure that Mick had given her a quote for 27 big pines to be dropped. She had a live in Romanian lad who did all sorts of jobs for her. He did the trees. I didn't get the job either!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 01/03/2020 at 11:30, 5 shires said:

Morning all and just a quick up date on Weaver...he is 7 months old know and coming on really well(hope he stops growing soon?).

anyway weather down here has been bad and everywhere is either flooded or just a mud bath and haven’t been able to get out as much as I would like and been doing lots of call outs so pretty knackered at the mo...did a small job in Tetbury yesterday and took weaver as normal the garden was big enough for him to run round and play most of the day..covered in mud and shit but he loves it..first thing to do after put the gear away and put the kettle on was to give him a bath....this is Weaver just relaxing but wanting to go out again.more updates when I can get out and do some proper work with him.

26FE38E1-47A4-4BCF-B1AA-62EEE261255B.thumb.jpeg.0309a0c2cab7ed8fe44054571b89591f.jpeg

How,s Weaver doing bud,not much about him lately,hope he,s doing good

• Like 1

Hi Gary

thanks for asking how weaver is....he is doing well and coming,he is on then whistle,come back,stop,left and right,sitting to the shot,sitting on bolting rabbit,ignoring bolting rabbit on return,he just hunts a bit far i from but I can live with that,but obviously with all this shit going on at the moment I think i’am probably 3 months behind were I would like to be with him.i did try and post some photographs of home with an update a few weeks ago but for some reason I couldn’t down load them...I can’t seem to delete photographs already posted..I have been meaning to get in touch with Steve to ask if i’am doing something wrong so as soon as I get it sorted I will update photographs and an update.??

• Like 3

Hi Gary here he is my boy Weaver..this was taken a couple of weeks ago when it was warm,when the sun is out he goes up the garden and just sits and watches the birds coming into the feeders.

9755241F-C519-4E8E-9165-5FD4B15993B8.thumb.jpeg.76f97d2357287d12c541db844135f8c3.jpeg

This is from the weekend when I was going to do a job out in a little village just outside Hereford...pheasants everywhere then out pops a white one weaver seemed a bit confused by the colour.

10601B54-FDE5-42E6-AC9B-20318FAA39DD.thumb.jpeg.993c631a2ee48ef3a7a9336575adb6ba.jpeg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Hi Gary here he is my boy Weaver..this was taken a couple of weeks ago when it was warm,when the sun is out he goes up the garden and just sits and watches the birds coming into the feeders.

9755241F-C519-4E8E-9165-5FD4B15993B8.thumb.jpeg.76f97d2357287d12c541db844135f8c3.jpeg

This is from the weekend when I was going to do a job out in a little village just outside Hereford...pheasants everywhere then out pops a white one weaver seemed a bit confused by the colour.

10601B54-FDE5-42E6-AC9B-20318FAA39DD.thumb.jpeg.993c631a2ee48ef3a7a9336575adb6ba.jpeg

He,s a lovely looking dog

42 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Keepers " marker bird " .

• Like 1