stopping your saw hitting the ground?

Stihlwatersrundeep

mm well last time I looked my

building insurance was £3200

£5m PL insurance with regard to the industrial site above + a quarry and other works outside the above is £1800

don’t need EL as i never employ anyone.

My Unimog insurance is £710 fully comp (all forms of use) including £5m PL for any works and covers unnamed implements/trailers <£5000 attached and named implements/trailers up to £25000 in any location even if not attached.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mm well last time I looked my

building insurance was £3200

£5m PL insurance with regard to the industrial site above + a quarry and other works outside the above is £1800

don’t need EL as i never employ anyone.

My Unimog insurance is £710 fully comp (all forms of use) including £5m PL for any works and covers unnamed implements/trailers <£5000 attached and named implements/trailers up to £25000 in any location even if not attached.

How can you do tree work on your own? You need EL even if you just sub people in.:wave:

How can you do tree work on your own? You need EL even if you just sub people in.:wave:

I gave up tree work full-time in ~95 so I now pass on most of my tree work for a % &/or then sub to them if and when needed as trees are a sideline to all my other stuff , thus I don’t need EL :star:

thanks for that zenfordinner, I'm going for it tomorrow!

windblown left for the good lord and the ground level for me. will be back.......

(bloody good sermon, makes me want to go to church on sunday???@@@!!!)

My pleasure, and much obliged.

Are you still alive to tell the tale?

got any pics??! sorry due to you lot, i had my hands full watching out for killer trees and angry chainsaws!

seriously thanks for the tips and advice. left the hung trees the rest are in the woodshed the farmer got the what was left.

Still nerve wracking as everytime i went for a cut i felt i had the whole of arbtalk looking over my shoulder either nodding or tutting! still made me think twice before i made a cut and i know there are a few who will tut but i did a few undercuts first where needed to relieve the compression as advised by a member.

just need to get on a course now!

still here! see above...:wave:

Im not saying what i pay but its much lower than £1000 but i only have 2m PL as thats all i need.

All the guys who i sub in have insurance to the same level as me which is fully legal. Dont need EL as long as the guys you sub have the same level of insurance as you do.

Only need 5m if and when go council and commercial.

Chipper separate insurance.

Im really impressed with my commercial truck insurance tho.:star: