stopping your saw hitting the ground?

Stihlwatersrundeep

No thats not true. Tickets are only required by some councils thats it and some insurance companys.

Domestic work requires no tickets

Its all grey just have to be competent but its the age old one how do you prove that well tickets are the easy way not the only way.:wave:

The gps one made me laugh to haha surely you know where you are you drovd there.

Talking about OS coordinates, not 'just off the A30 halfway between here and there'.:wave:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but "tickets" have absolutely nothing to do with safety, safety is not something your really learn by doing tickets, safety is something you naturally have or don’t have and its mainly either based on experience or natural aptitude & judgment. ;)

I know plenty of people with tickets who I wouldn’t trust with a butter knife yet alone a chainsaw, they don’t know how to maintain there saw yet alone sharpen it with a file properly. :aetsch:

You should remember that “ticketing” is just a cash cow for organisations to make money by using H&S as a means to force testing in professions that can make money from by abusing legislation!

Don't talk utter sh*t. The NPTC courses are primarily about H&S, do one of the courses and you'll find out - it's all they talk about!

I like it b1 i mean taking advice from some one called igottacabstar lol.

:sleep:

Igottagopeepee.

Im only kidding. So Agree tickets did not exsist 20 years ago or hse there is no proof accidents have lessened now at all.

I think we should have proof of skill but apprentiships after three years on the job and assesment and bingo.

Not some arse over tit tickets that teach you to sharpen a saw common i did that the first day what a croc of shite.

:wave:

Don't talk utter sh*t. The NPTC courses are primarily about H&S, do one of the courses and you'll find out - it's all they talk about!

If you don't know what your doing they are an exellent starting point. Is that not there purpose? They do not teach exellance but basic competance

acutally your wrong again one of my requirments is i use bonifid sub contractors with liability no less than my own im fully covered so are they you should read things up first.

I do go in depth with my insurance to make sure i cover all the angles any one who subs from me and break stuff is liable not me thats a stated fact.

Oh you do not need EL by law they changed it when was the last time you looked. But i have it any way point being.

If the sh1t hits the fan this will not stand,i've been there,unless you are not on site with them,let them do the job when they want,and they make more money out of the job than you.

If any of these are not the case then in the eyes of the HSE you are there employer.

I don't think an insurance company would be satisfied with you telling them that you've got years of experience.

I did'nt mean experience alone.

When you take out insurance you musy fill in loads of forms, these ask what you will be doing in some detail, so long as you haven't lied and you ARE working to best practise then you're covered. if they want tickets they will insist on that before giving you cover.

If the sh1t hits the fan this will not stand,i've been there,unless you are not on site with them,let them do the job when they want,and they make more money out of the job than you.

If any of these are not the case then in the eyes of the HSE you are there employer.

Correct.

Treemotion, EL is a legal requirement if you sub people in. The law changed in 2005 so that Ltd Companies that only employ their owner don't have to have EL insurance. And anyway, if you've got EL why do you insist on your subbies having their own insurance aswell? To be a bonafide subbie in this line of work you would need to be using your own truck, chipper, saws, climbing gear, take all the sh*te away yourself - sounds like an expensive way of employing people.

When you take out insurance you musy fill in loads of forms, these ask what you will be doing in some detail, so long as you haven't lied and you ARE working to best practise then you're covered. if they want tickets they will insist on that before giving you cover.

The proof of the insurance is in the claim. Dont think that because you got a piece of paper all will be well. Using subbies just complicates matters when there's an accident.

Neville Chamberlain once said ; " I have in my hand, a piece of paper" !!!

Thanks for the advice, but I have spent tens of thousands of pounds on public and employers liability over the last few years! And they've always asked if I and my staff are qualified.