County 1124

Billhook

Anything County is worth silly money,   and appreciating fast.   I know someone who bought a Ben Craig rebuilt G reg 1174 for top money 2 years ago,  looks like it just came out of the factory.   Its risen in value in that time by 10k maybe more.  

A

27 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

Anything County is worth silly money,   and appreciating fast.   I know someone who bought a Ben Craig rebuilt G reg 1174 for top money 2 years ago,  looks like it just came out of the factory.   Its risen in value in that time by 10k maybe more.  

A

No ones beating a path to my door, anyway this one has some sentimental value as my curly haired little girl was 2 when I bought it so we named it after her.

Fully refurbed in agricultural spec it would be worth 20k,  but the cost of the refurb could be more than that especially if the engine needs a re build.    7000 hours and that Ford engine usually has a piston liner issue caused by water cavitation,  thus the engine needs rebuilding.    Yours also needs 4 new tyres,  thats 3k plus I would think.

WWW.AGRILAND.CO.UK

A significant auction of tractors and other equipment took place on Saturday, November 23, in West Row, Suffolk (England). The sale involved the so-called ‘Cooper...

Edited by Alycidon

4 hours ago, Alycidon said:

Fully refurbed in agricultural spec it would be worth 20k,  but the cost of the refurb could be more than that especially if the engine needs a re build.    7000 hours and that Ford engine usually has a piston liner issue caused by water cavitation,  thus the engine needs rebuilding.    Yours also needs 4 new tyres,  thats 3k plus I would think.

WWW.AGRILAND.CO.UK

A significant auction of tractors and other equipment took place on Saturday, November 23, in West Row, Suffolk (England). The sale involved the so-called ‘Cooper...

I think that it is much the same story with classic cars.  Generally it is a labour of love and they are sometimes worth as much unrestored as pristine simply because a retired individual who might have come into a bit of pension money and is needing a project would find more satisfaction in seeing the job through himself.  

• Like 1