Pollards, the forgotten art-discussion

Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Thanks for that rob, shall have a good and propper gander at that later on:thumbup1:

no problemo my man, only got half way through it myself then fell asleep (nothing to do with the article haha) so went to bed, shall carry on at some point tonight:):thumbup:

Got this resource from the BMS, Society for General Microbiology | Home :thumbup1:

Nice little link that... Just been in the microscope reading about the little microbes!

Quick question, do tubers aka Truffles grow in this country and if not why not?

Not that this has anything to do with pollarding which i should probably get back to in this thread haha

Nice little link that... Just been in the microscope reading about the little microbes!

Quick question, do tubers aka Truffles grow in this country and if not why not?

Not that this has anything to do with pollarding which i should probably get back to in this thread haha

yes truffles grow here, and locations are kept VERY quiet:001_smile:

Find the habitat, find the fungi, thats always the key.:001_rolleyes:

Microbes and climate change now THAT is interesting:thumbup1: One thing i have done a bit of reading on since i started my FdSc is carbon sequestration in trees... I'm sure fungus has a role somewhere:thumbup:

Well, forest succsesion is a complicated business, fungi have their role to play but so do the mosses, mosses are the real key to carbon sequestering.

But the sooner we get our heads round adding carbon based products to our crop systems the better, as 80 percent of carbon is stored below ground.:001_cool:

Well, forest succsesion is a complicated business, fungi have their role to play but so do the mosses, mosses are the real key to carbon sequestering.

But the sooner we get our heads round adding carbon based products to our crop systems the better, as 80 percent of carbon is stored below ground.:001_cool:

Ah, the carbon sink that is soil!:thumbup1: