stump grinder accident

green horn

Yeah get where your coming from , if it was my sole business I would maybe look for some thing similar but Ive never found them too limiting ,not needing brakes I feel more controlled in grinding situations ..last three serious grinder accidents that have appeared on the forum are from the same style machine , that would indicate they are either more popular and used more resulting in the inevitable or easier to over ride which Most of us would of seen done ...personally I just don’t like them.

• Like 1

Horrible accident, hope the guy has a decent recovery/quality of life

I get where you're coming from Matty, and the vermeer grinders (That I've used anyway) stop the wheel when you let go of the controls, that's really good, yet my bandit, you can leave it spinning full revs, and walk away from the machine . . .or go infront and dig out grindings ? quite supprised there's no dead mans handle type thing to be honest

On 05/07/2019 at 21:06, skyhuck said:

We know nothing of the circumstances, so why even go there?

Because a news report of an accident was posted and seeing as this is this is a discussion forum it seems natural to speculate.

I didn't mean to offend your sensibilities, had you just eaten?

Stuart

Edited by Ty Korrigan
  • Haha 1

On 06/07/2019 at 08:30, lux said:

Used dosko / danequip version for years. Works really smoothly. Very good machines.

When the boss first bought the Dosko it didn't have a clutch for the cutting wheel so moving it about was a bit disconcerting, I never risked putting it on the truck for fear of graunching the aluminium body. Much later he had the magnetic clutch fitted which made it a lot more civilised.

When the boss first bought the Dosko it didn't have a clutch for the cutting wheel so moving it about was a bit disconcerting, I never risked putting it on the truck for fear of graunching the aluminium body. Much later he had the magnetic clutch fitted which made it a lot more civilised.

Blimey that must be an ancient machine. Never seen one without a clutch for the cutter wheel. One of the original old American one I suspect.

1 hour ago, lux said:

Blimey that must be an ancient machine. Never seen one without a clutch for the cutter wheel. One of the original old American one I suspect.

Yes but it's younger than the Dosko chipper and both still in use see it on the Post your stump grinding photos thread