wheres the date on my sequoia harness??

Stephen Blair

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Date is relevant as must be under 5 years old

This is another timely thread.:001_smile:

My climbing kit is used rarely (not too much time for fun) and so lives in light

tight bags.How do L.O.L.E.R. inspectors view kit that would look new other than the manufacture date?

In the same vein is the 3 year life on a climbing helmet a hard and fast rule?

Mine spent it's first 10 months in its box before I met it!

If i don't get a move on and do CS38 soonish, i could be in the odd position of using borrowed kit that is younger than mine but closer to retirement:blushing:

Edited by Canal Navvy
My typing is sooo slow i get left behind

My climbing kit is used rarely (not too much time for fun) and so lives in light

tight bags.How do L.O.L.E.R. inspectors view kit that would look new other than the manufacture date?

In the same vein is the 3 year life on a climbing helmet a hard and fast rule?

Mine spent it's first 10 months in its box before I met it!

If i don't get a move on and do CS38 soonish, i could be in the odd position of using borrowed kit that is younger than mine but closer to retirement:blushing:

with helmets its 3 years from the first use, ive been told to write the month and year down on the first use, and then count three years from that. all my kit needs lolering soon. I think myerscough can do it for free :thumbup:

with helmets its 3 years from the first use, ive been told to write the month and year down on the first use, and then count three years from that. all my kit needs lolering soon. I think myerscough can do it for free :thumbup:

which helmet have you got matey

no definate answer other than AS PER MANUFACTURERS RECOMMENDATIONS

:blushing:

really depends on the loler guy

contentious issue some room for justification ect or not just depends who imo

bob, do harnesses still have a 10yr life span,:laugh1:reading all this stuff i may need to spend some cash :thumbdown::laugh1:

depends on harness,use,first use ect too many variables to generalize

also depends on you or employee and whether you are wanting to run legit and puka

depends on harness,use,first use ect too many variables to generalize

also depends on you or employee and whether you are wanting to run legit and puka

to be fair its been a good thing,but the other day took a sisel oak down & it just about crippled me :confused1:so looking out for something for the more mature climber if you know what i mean :lol: