Jump to content
teresa green

Contract Rates

Recommended Posts

Seems to be a dislike for climbers communicating with the ground guy. I'm always asking my groundies opinion, doesn't mean I'm incompetent or incapable. It's a different viewpoint and a second opinion

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luckyeleven said:

Seems to be a dislike for climbers communicating with the ground guy. I'm always asking my groundies opinion, doesn't mean I'm incompetent or incapable. It's a different viewpoint and a second opinion

You talk to the ground people?  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



You in the right thread here luckyeleven?


Yea just look back a page or 2. Several posts incinutating that asking groundies opinions is a sign of incompetence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luckyeleven said:


 

 


Yea just look back a page or 2. Several posts incinutating that asking groundies opinions is a sign of incompetence.

 

Well if we’re going to derail then let’s do it!

 

I regard the work site as a kind of benevolent dictatorship, I might ask if a branch is over a power line, or is there anything underneath that can get smashed, can they see any hangers or rips, but I’m 99% of the time after facts, not opinion.

 

What opinions would you seek from your groundy?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mark Wileman said:

 

Do you think I'm an arsehole because I don't value the opinion on my ground team?

Bloody hell, who rattled your cage? You’re ‘projecting’ in modern parlance.

 

Back the truck up a bit.

 

Just to be clear I’m referring to interactions between the climber and the groundsman regarding aerial work.

I bow to my GM’s superior mechanical knowledge, his better reversing of a trailer and a few other things.

But in a decision about what things might happen in a tricky rigging situation, that involves me being vulnerable, it’s my call.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well if we’re going to derail then let’s do it!
 
I regard the work site as a kind of benevolent dictatorship, I might ask if a branch is over a power line, or is there anything underneath that can get smashed, can they see any hangers or rips, but I’m 99% of the time after facts, not opinion.
 
What opinions would you seek from your groundy?
Pretty much what you've outlined

Also whether my new chainsawpants make my bum look big?
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Bloody hell, who rattled your cage? You’re ‘projecting’ in modern parlance.

 

Back the truck up a bit.

 

Just to be clear I’m referring to interactions between the climber and the groundsman regarding aerial work.

I bow to my GM’s superior mechanical knowledge, his better reversing of a trailer and a few other things.

But in a decision about what things might happen in a tricky rigging situation, that involves me being vulnerable, it’s my call.

You should have been more specific. I thought you were living up to the climbing Arbtalker elitist sterotype that I try to quash at every turn! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.