Are some people just thick or what?

Dean Lofthouse

I know that, it was just a hypothetical question really. But some guys may find that they disagree with a customer who is intent on wrecking their trees quite often, as everyone on here seems to have different ideas of what's best.:)

If a customer insists then I walk away, ifthey do it often, I walk away often.

Those who have diferent ideas have not studied trees otherwise they wouldn't do it (not talking line clearance here guys).

How can you profess to being a professional, then deliberately butcher a tree in an unproffessional manner.

No matter how much a customer asked, I would hope that a mechanic would not cut and shut a car, that could be sold on to another person or be a danger to another member of public.

If I take on the mantle of proffesional tree care, I do exactly that, I don't do bodging just because there isn't enough work in to pay the mortgage. If there's not enough work, it's probably because

A. no-one recommends you because your a bodger

B. Your skimping on advertising

I'd say half my work is through recommendation and repeat work because they were so pleased with my proffessionalism :wave:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree Tony.

What should happen is ALL trees over a certain size should be protected.

Where a request for pruning is put in, an immediate decision be made if the work is to be carried out by a suitably qualified person.

Provided the work is of course within certain specifications.

Where felling is wanted, then a slightly longer decision period to consider options.

Thats the rules here, all natives over 5m are protected and all exotics over 8m are protected.

How can you make full use of your ropes if you don't trust them?? Don't know how you can operate a chainsaw safely if your holding on to the tree with one hand because you're not sure if your rope is going to break!:heeeelllllooooo:

Well when im climbing to my anchor im not using a chainsaw its on the ground. oh and how can i use my rope if its not at the anchor if the post was read correctly i was talking about climbing to set your anchor.

ill never trust my ropes and that keeps me so aware of what im doing im in no false sense of security in a tree ropes can break and they do.

I was referring to the comment above that you made earlier in the thread. You say that you'll never trust your ropes and that ropes can and do break. So, as I asked earlier, how can you use your ropes to their full ability if you don't trust them? It makes no difference whether you're climbing to set an anchor point or branch walking a 30' limb. You've got to trust your climbing gear - it's all you've got when you're climbing a tree!

I was referring to the comment above that you made earlier in the thread. You say that you'll never trust your ropes and that ropes can and do break. So, as I asked earlier, how can you use your ropes to their full ability if you don't trust them? It makes no difference whether you're climbing to set an anchor point or branch walking a 30' limb. You've got to trust your climbing gear - it's all you've got when you're climbing a tree!

And like i said they are not bullet proof this is boring me now can we move on.:wave:

If a customer insists then I walk away, ifthey do it often, I walk away often.

Those who have diferent ideas have not studied trees otherwise they wouldn't do it (not talking line clearance here guys).

How can you profess to being a professional, then deliberately butcher a tree in an unproffessional manner.

No matter how much a customer asked, I would hope that a mechanic would not cut and shut a car, that could be sold on to another person or be a danger to another member of public.

If I take on the mantle of proffesional tree care, I do exactly that, I don't do bodging just because there isn't enough work in to pay the mortgage. If there's not enough work, it's probably because

A. no-one recommends you because your a bodger

B. Your skimping on advertising

I'd say half my work is through recommendation and repeat work because they were so pleased with my proffessionalism :wave:

I was talking about work in general - not butchering a tree. If a customer wants to pay to have a healthy tree removed, provided its all legal, I'll do it. Morals and treework dont cut it in my book, some of you guys too often forget, were not dealing with the middle east crisis here.Tree surgery, felling etc, a part of agriculture.

Dont dissapear up your own arse. :star:

I was talking about work in general - not butchering a tree. If a customer wants to pay to have a healthy tree removed, provided its all legal, I'll do it. Morals and treework dont cut it in my book, some of you guys too often forget, were not dealing with the middle east crisis here.Tree surgery, felling etc, a part of agriculture.

Dont dissapear up your own arse. :star:

Never mentioned removing a tree, i said if they asked me to butcher a tree and that's what the thread was about, not general work

Whats the reference to disaapearing up my arse for