Van Racking systems

kevinjohnsonmbe

Another vote for Bott, not cheap but very good, weight distribution is always our concern, the racking system can hold lots, invariably it has to go down one side, if you plan on carrying some large heavy stuff look at what they offer that would allow it to be stored on the opposite side to the rack/ drawer system, think they do some large sort of bin things that lock in place, good luck

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

They’re less than an hr away (and never been to Buuuude) so May have a run up there for a look-see in Jan. 

I dont mind cost where quality / design / functionality are seen in the product, and I like the no-drill, vehicle specific units. 

There is/was some almost new Bott racking on eBay to fit your van.

I've had racking in the last 4 or so vans, the first two done DIY by me, the last two pre fitted.  Racking is great, makes things much more secure and give you much more utilisable space.  Best advice if you're getting a custom system is to think what you want to carry, what you need to be handy and what can sit at the back until it's needed.  Spending a good it of time at the planning stage will save you going into the back every time and cursing yourself for not thinking it out properly in the beginning.

• Like 1

Link to  a couple of vans I racked. 

First one I spent a few days on as it was a small van needed to pack a lot in. 

The Iveco Daily was about a day. Neither were expensive. Both suited my needs better than expensive racking systems cos they were bespoke. Of course they are probably heavier than the ally racking you can buy but weight was not a huge issue.

PS, don't use a level, use a large square. Might be obvious to you. Was a bit strange to me at first.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3b51l9pskw4elqb/AACoShz7r07lpQhO4xYB9lJda?dl=0