The Sheep gets its revenge

difflock

10 hours ago, Jcarbor said:

I’m sure that Nicola’s Walter Mitty government will try to put a stop to hunting and fishing, it will see the end of the large estates up there and have a massive impact on the rural economy.

Living in rural Scotland I have a pretty cynical view of the big estates. They aren't all bad of course, and they do do so some valuable work. But they all seem to invest so heavily in pheasant shoots, and that just gets on my tits. I've done some work for game keepers when I was contracting. Smashing big bits out of mature oaks so the birds will fly right out over where the wankers park their range rovers. And then the sheer number of pheasants they inflict on the Scottish countryside. Just nah... They might offer something to the rural economy but it's nowhere near enough to justify the extensive damage they do to the ecology.

Vent over.

But that's not hunting I suppose.

If there's fire arms offences then I hope they get the book thrown at them. Posing with the animal you just shoot is ludicrous and they should get a slap for that regardless and recover their life choices. But otherwise, hunting is an important part of the Scottish countryside and will continue to be.

• Like 3

There would be huge runs of wild fish if there wasn’t any fish farms , problem is they are all situated on the coast lines of routes used by wild fish ,there are diseases that are the equivalent to fish aids that destroy the fish’s immune systems, the wild fish as adults going to spawn and the smolts leaving to begin there journey catch the disease as the farming is usually on the coast lines of migrating fish , they are not supposed to sell this diseased fish but it’s been proven that 1 in ten fish sold have it in Canada.
All fish farms have massive lice infestations that virtually strip the skin of migrating smolts of wild fishing leaving the coasts to the feeding grounds in Greenland.
The last 30 years have seen some of the best fishing in the world virtually decimated by these practices.
The other thing is the waste of these farms in some of the most stunning unspoilt water is horrific.. just take a google , I would not eat farmed salmon if you payed me!

I wouldn’t eat it and haven’t done for years, its not only bad for the farmed fish, it also pollutes the bed of the system that its situated in, add that to the decimation of the millions of tonnes of krill they harvest to make the feed for them, then the masses of antibiotics they feed them it makes for a very un-eco friendly farming method.sea bass is heading the same way.
  • Like 2

I wouldn’t eat it and haven’t done for years, its not only bad for the farmed fish, it also pollutes the bed of the system that its situated in, add that to the decimation of the millions of tonnes of krill they harvest to make the feed for them, then the masses of antibiotics they feed them it makes for a very un-eco friendly farming method.sea bass is heading the same way.

They have pretty much already put an end to Scotland’s fishing with farmed salmon devastating wild stocks and doing nothing at all despite all the evidence to try and contain it.

Aye it’s true that salmon farming like many other large industries that employ thousands and thousands of people have an impact on the environment, as do shooting estates, many of which are not Scottish owned!
The west coast is probably at a record high tourist wise.

Do either of you own a car?

It still can employ thousands of people but it needs to be modified to containment , I suggest you do some research as it’s in your back yard... it’s out of control.
Interestingly though the last two people I’ve met who have worked on west coast farms have been English , how do you feel about that ?
I own work trucks , not owned a car for years.

It still can employ thousands of people but it needs to be modified to containment , I suggest you do some research as it’s in your back yard... it’s out of control.
Interestingly though the last two people I’ve met who have worked on west coast farms have been English , how do you feel about that ?
I own work trucks , not owned a car for years.

I feel fine about English people living and working here matty, I’ve made no secret of that in the past on here.
How do your trucks affect the environment since that’s your concern?

I read the article. Seems she borrowed a gun from someone, which requires some paperwork she didn't have. They using that as an excuse to prosecute her and her boyfriend (?). Apparently the real offence was posing with a rubber fist-and-forarm sex toy covered in blood next to the animal. Pretty weird stuff. She did mention that the stag would be prepared for supper by "The chefs at the castle." Dunno about the goat or sheep. The sex toy thing, very disrespectful to the dignity of the animal. 

• Like 1

I read the article. Seems she borrowed a gun from someone, which requires some paperwork she didn't have. They using that as an excuse to prosecute her and her boyfriend (?). Apparently the real offence was posing with a rubber fist-and-forarm sex toy covered in blood next to the animal. Pretty weird stuff. She did mention that the stag would be prepared for supper by "The chefs at the castle." Dunno about the goat or sheep. The sex toy thing, very disrespectful to the dignity of the animal. 

Borrowing a rifle and using it under the supervision of the estate keeper requires no paperwork. Borrowing it without supervision is an offence.
A sex toy in the equation is just wrong

Aye it’s true that salmon farming like many other large industries that employ thousands and thousands of people have an impact on the environment, as do shooting estates, many of which are not Scottish owned!

The west coast is probably at a record high tourist wise.

Do either of you own a car?

Yep 4 cars two land rovers ,2 diesel chippers one stump grinder a 360 excavator a Jcb loader and two houses but not a fish farm.

I also ain’t adverse to a bit of fishing and hunting.

I feel fine about English people living and working here matty, I’ve made no secret of that in the past on here.
How do your trucks affect the environment since that’s your concern?

Probably fine when driving me to planting sites ... not too good for felling ones ;)
My trucks are not turning the sea bed in to a toxic waste dump though, or annihilating runs of natural fish or causing a life span of suffering to farmed animals.
  • Like 1

That last bit is very distasteful, I’m also not into posting post shooting pics as in the present pc climate that we live in it gives the anti brigade ammunition to use,