7.5tonner

WesD

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:26, Alycidon said:

My local mower retailer got fined £2.5k for delivering mowers on a twin axle trailer pulled by a 4 door pick up without tacho.

When I 'visited' you drove slowly over a set of rollers,  but my axles on the trailer were to close together for them to get a reading.  Once I told them I only had 400 kg on board they lost interest saying 'we can see by the springs you are not overloaded'.

A

The sensors are in the carriageway a few miles before you reach the check site.http://www.is-wim.org/doc/workshop_enf140326_stokes.pdf

2 hours ago, kkk2 said:

Do you now since May 2018 need to test fast tractors?  our version of VOSA which wouldn't be far behind the aforementioned

https://www.cvrt.ie/en/About-CVRT/Pages/Fast-Tractor-Testing.aspx

all 50K + machines now must be tested?

I think that law is aimed at the increased number of non ag/forestry outfits like builders who have started to use fast tractors/trailers  for moving kit about. Ag/forestry/hort are still exempt.

Exemptions

A fast tractor will not have to undergo a commercial vehicle test if it is used: 

• for the purposes of agricultural, horticultural, forestry, farming or fishery activity solely within the State and mainly on the land where such activity takes place, including agricultural roads, forestry roads or agricultural fields
  • exclusively on a small island. This exclusion from the requirement for compulsory testing will apply to all of the islands off the Irish coast.

It is important to note that an exemption from undergoing a commercial vehicle test is not an exemption from the requirement to ensure your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition when it is used on a public road.
  • Like 2