This happened to anyone else?

Dean Lofthouse

Priced a large 50ft conifer take down last week

Gave two prices, £175 to halve back to previous topping point and £350 to take down completely.

Price to take down completely accepted, did job today, took 6 hours and three loads of waste.

Customer rung to say they would not be home to pay and said £300 wasn't it.

I said No, £350

No, you quoted £300 definately, £300 to take down and £150 to halve.

I new as soon as they mentioned the £150 they were having me over.

Nice couple, seemed very genuine.

Told them I was 100% certain of my quote and I wasn't getting into an argument, just give me £300 if they are that desperate.

When I get the money, we'll see how inconvenienced he feels having to pump his/her tyres back up before they can go to work. :aetsch:

Never happened to me before so I am not inclined to put any safe guards in place.

You always get one scratter don't you.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Necky B@$t@rd$! I would'nt have the balls or the inkling to do it. They would soon kick off if their employer knocked off £50 of their days salary!:mad:

I have yet for this to happen to me but i try to confirm in writing as much as poss for this very reason! no doubt it will happen when i have'nt confirmed!

thats a bit cheeky. hate it when people haggle the price and even worse if they do it after the work has been done. i always do all my quotes in writting and post them. mainly so it gives me some time to think about it as im not the most experienced at quoting. but also covers my back for this kind of thing aswell.

Tossers!

Happened to me once,but there were three customers in all,it was a large Hawthorne hedge,quoted £350 each, two paid on the day the last sent cheque for £300,i rang to say it was £50 shy and they were not having it,in the end i said i would see them in court,they paid up,but i had the other punters to back me up.

Only reason I don't do it in writing is because you always get the lazy ones who don't know how to quote, that advertise "any genuine written quotation beaten".

In other words, let averyone come and quote you and I'll come along and knock £20 off to get job.

:dito::tee:

I rarely do written quotes for prvate jobs. I have had exactly the same happen to me, but it was an old geezer - I reduced 3 massive connifers for him, quoted £400. Went to get paid and he said I'd quoted him £140....

Silly bugger knew exactly what I'd quoted him... but he was in a wheelchair, and played the frailty act...

I called him a bastard and took the £140. still makes me annoyed thinking about it.

I rarely do written quotes for prvate jobs. I have had exactly the same happen to me, but it was an old geezer - I reduced 3 massive connifers for him, quoted £400. Went to get paid and he said I'd quoted him £140....

Silly bugger knew exactly what I'd quoted him... but he was in a wheelchair, and played the frailty act...

I called him a bastard and took the £140. still makes me annoyed thinking about it.

What could you do?!:bike::banghead: