Cord prices

Brushcutter

by the rate wood is NOT going out, i think we aready have killed the market, sales this year are pretty dire, with little repeat custom (mainly new fire installs i'm suppling)

alredy looking into ending an era:thumbdown:

dunno about this...

the market is all over the show as far as selling direct to client.

reports of low and crazy high prices, affluent young folk have been taking off my hand for seasoned wood. theres alot of stoves going in so, say fitters.

i think the market is going to be better soon than ever before.

demand will be high soon, ill bet my ass on it.:thumbup:

some waiting for prices to improve ( feb or next season.) keep cutting and piling it !)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also funny the brits have lost the cord as a usual every day measurement. your average rural german, italian or frenchman knows his cord size/ price.

we seem to have lost this.

go to the swarbish areas of the south of german or bravaria for that matter, they all run crazy hi tech pellet boilers and crazy compact bio mass set ups but the average house holder still knows the price of a stack or of cord as if it were like knowing the price of milk or butter.( which are beautiful in these parts of there landscape on every field you look at- they are a naturally permacultural counrty without knowing it!)

the public dont seem to know the price of wood these days.

also funny the brits have lost the cord as a usual every day measurement. your average rural german, italian or frenchman knows his cord size/ price.

we seem to have lost this.

go to the swarbish areas of the south of german or bravaria for that matter, they all run crazy hi tech pellet boilers and crazy compact bio mass set ups but the average house holder still knows the price of a stack or of cord as if it were like knowing the price of milk or butter.( which are beautiful in these parts of there landscape on every field you look at- they are a naturally permacultural counrty without knowing it!)

the public dont seem to know the price of wood these days.

Your right! These countries know there stuff and part of the culture is woodland. Most of my tools come from these countries. We seemed to of had a break in woodland work in the last 60 years and it's only starting to pick again now.

At least the weather is getting colder now at least they will be burning more wood.

Your right! These countries know there stuff and part of the culture is woodland. Most of my tools come from these countries. We seemed to of had a break in woodland work in the last 60 years and it's only starting to pick again now.

At least the weather is getting colder now at least they will be burning more wood.

Don't forget that since the industrial revolution Britain has been a mainly urban, oil powered, coal burning society. We have broken the connection with wood burning for a couple of hundred years, so its only natural that a cord will be as alien a measurement to most people as a Peck or Bushel. Most of Europe kept a wood fueled, agrarian system in place so the link is still intact.

Almost run out of hardwood here, still got bags of softwood but its gotten really busy again in the run up to Xmas. No sign of the public falling out of love with there woodburners just yet! :thumbup:

I dont do uch firewood, but i have run out of anything seasoned, but i am still selling it even though people know it is fresh as. Some are getting ready for next year so dont mind green, some just reckon they cant get hardwood and would rather have green than softwood!!

Don't forget that since the industrial revolution Britain has been a mainly urban, oil powered, coal burning society. We have broken the connection with wood burning for a couple of hundred years, so its only natural that a cord will be as alien a measurement to most people as a Peck or Bushel. Most of Europe kept a wood fueled, agrarian system in place so the link is still intact.

Almost run out of hardwood here, still got bags of softwood but its gotten really busy again in the run up to Xmas. No sign of the public falling out of love with there woodburners just yet! :thumbup:

Want some :001_tt2:

59765509ce61f_Hermes-ChipnallWood002.jpg.56f5be3680e69a3d959aeb752032bcee.jpg