MS260 back from the repair shop... not working

Hank

20 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I would not want them to do anything more .  Send it to spud .

Do try to keep up,  I know it's difficult, but...:001_tongue:

23 hours ago, IRE David H said:

send it to spud

23 hours ago, el barto said:

Already asked, he's too busy ?

21 hours ago, spudulike said:

Damn right I am too busy, not enough hours in the day:scared1:

7 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Do try to keep up,  I know it's difficult, but...:001_tongue:

Yes , yes I know all that FFS !  What I am saying is it would be worth the wait . Stop picking on the old and vulnerable .......?

Edited by Stubby
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, el barto said:

Returning the saw to them so they can fix their own mistakes doesn't fill me with much confidence...

Will probably wait for Spud to become less busy...

Thanks for everyone's input/suggestions. :)

I can also understand how you feel, but the bottom line is you paid them money to do the job, either they fix their mess, better still or give your money back, so you can put it towards someone doing it properly.   If you just leave it then they've got away with it, and will do the same to others.

gary112 and lurkalot, you are right and it's infuriating to think that people can/will get away with shoddy workmanship like this. So I may yet go in there and talk to someone. They weren't very open to my complaints last time, ha ha. In fact the guy I spoke to did not give a f*** about it. BUT, there was definitely some foolishness on my part for getting them to do a partial rebuild because it opens up the door to so many potential problems, this thread being proof of that. It also gives them the option to say "you gave it to us in bits so we can't take responsibility" (e.g. a missing torx screw). 

However, the missing dowels are definitely their fault so at the very least I should go in there and tell them.

@Mesterh, as far as I'm aware I put the flywheel on correctly: aligned it with the key; torqued it up; set the coil gap. Like I said before, it's now running...

Edited by el barto

11 minutes ago, el barto said:

gary112 and lurkalot, you are right and it's infuriating to think that people can/will get away with shoddy workmanship like this. So I may yet go in there and talk to someone. They weren't very open to my complaints last time, ha ha. In fact the guy I spoke to did not give a f*** about it. BUT, there was definitely some foolishness on my part for getting them to do a partial rebuild because it opens up the door to so many potential problems, this thread being proof of that. It also gives them the option to say "you gave it to us in bits so we can't take responsibility" (e.g. a missing torx screw). 

However, the missing dowels are definitely their fault so at the very least I should go in there and tell them.

@Mesterh, as far as I'm aware I put the flywheel on correctly: aligned it with the key; torqued it up; set the coil gap. Like I said before, it's now running...

Ah, didnt see your post saying you got it working, what was the issue causing it to lock up?