If you were just starting out....

FellRunner

hope it works out for you Fellrunner..   whats needed is the right attitude as much as anything else..

make it a goal and you'll get there..   I'm sure of it..

now about this fell running, i was wild camping in the Lakes a couple of weeks back and every half hr through the night a bunch of runners would pass by heading up the hills..  looked like somethin i'd of loved to do in my younger days..   though I noticed quite a few of em were getting on a bit..

anyways set me off on my own training routine, been doin a bit of walking' running to get myself ready for a practice run on my own one day..  perhaps a run up Snowdon..

Edited by Vespasian

Like you I've done desk time so I think I get that.

Other thing I might add is spend £100 on books about trees, pruning, plant physiology. The NPTC courses tell you how to cut but there is a hell of a lot to learn about trees to be deciding what to cut and why. I've been doing this as well as getting hands on experience, my take is if you find this stuff fascinating it's another sign arb is for you.

You also have to pick connie bits off a gravel drive in February with rain soaking through to your pants.

Go for it!

11 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Haha!!! Just wondered cos you mentioned snowdon.... would of explained a few things thats all emoji231.pngemoji207.pngemoji231.png
???emoji108.png

Under my avatar is a bit of info..  tells anyone who;s interested I'm from Bolton..   and your from Lancashire.....

which part...  

15 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Hell fire your on my door step..... clitheroe!

Clitheroe, nice up there ain't it..  I used to occasionally visit the auction up there, not sure if its still goin..  was years ago when I last went..   

Yeah still going! Been there as long as i can remember from being a kid, was brought up on a farm less than half a mile away from there. New houses popping up all around us and starting to feel drowned by it, but end of day ta never forget ya roots!!!
I’m still attached purely because i work down road, 2 miles bang on to work from home. Work at Castle Cement just down road from auction, i’m incharge of garage down there (hgv’s) split between my colleague and myself on a week about shift, 20yrs now! Chainsaws and mullering trees are purely my hobby [emoji51]