my new rigging kit has no markings!

Jay

i recently bought a loads of rigging stuff (a small load) a rope whoopie sling pulley and portawrap second hand. it is all brand new never been used as the bloke had no work but had all the kit so sold it. i have the receipt for all of it and was all bought about 6 months ago from honey brothers. but none of the rope or whoopie sling has any markings or number on. the rope was off the role but i dont no what to do about getting it loler tested now. does anyone know what i should so. surely it shouldnt be sold without the relevant numers and info?

Loler inspector who did all my kit was'nt to worried about the lack of markings on some of my kit, including loopies and rope.

He marked it up said it was fit for use, but did include in his notes that he did not know when it was bought into service.

So as long as its all recognisable standard arb kit (and not some blue polyprop of a builders site) in good condition, a Loler inspector should'nt have any problems marking it up fit for use.

I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong.

Loler inspector who did all my kit was'nt to worried about the lack of markings on some of my kit, including loopies and rope.

He marked it up said it was fit for use, but did include in his notes that he did not know when it was bought into service.

So as long as its all recognisable standard arb kit (and not some blue polyprop of a builders site) in good condition, a Loler inspector should'nt have any problems marking it up fit for use.

I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong.

haha blue polyprop rope, used that before not my rope i must say! not the best rigging rope!

i recently bought a loads of rigging stuff (a small load) a rope whoopie sling pulley and portawrap second hand. it is all brand new never been used as the bloke had no work but had all the kit so sold it. i have the receipt for all of it and was all bought about 6 months ago from honey brothers. but none of the rope or whoopie sling has any markings or number on. the rope was off the role but i dont no what to do about getting it loler tested now. does anyone know what i should so. surely it shouldnt be sold without the relevant numers and info?

jay, have you contacted honey brothers? they should be able to tell you the make & maybe the rate its tested to. If they can only tell you the make/type then you can ring the people who make it & they will definatley give you the rating. Let me now the manufacture & i can give you the number. Once you've got this i can mark it up for you if you want. Obviously the kit is in good nick cause i was there when you bought it but you need to know what rating it has so you can work within the safe working load

jay, have you contacted honey brothers? they should be able to tell you the make & maybe the rate its tested to. If they can only tell you the make/type then you can ring the people who make it & they will definatley give you the rating. Let me now the manufacture & i can give you the number. Once you've got this i can mark it up for you if you want. Obviously the kit is in good nick cause i was there when you bought it but you need to know what rating it has so you can work within the safe working load

no i havent as yet contacted them. i could do that tomorrow actually. cheers mate ill let you know what they say.

Hate to tempt fate, but all this loler crap, having you r kit tested by someone whos kit looks far worse than yours. I had an inspection done once hid all my real kit gave him the most basic bits. Never been checked on in 10 years and never had a bit fail. Loler is a way of shedding responsibility for equipment faliure on to us, directly as climbers.

Let us not forget the HSE will prosecute if they can find any way of blaming us.

Sure you will all disagree but personally as a profesional climber if feel insulted by the fact that some no mark belives i cannot check my own kit.

Not sure although correct me if things have changed but loler does not cover rigging as its lowering not lifting???

Not sure although correct me if things have changed but loler does not cover rigging as its lowering not lifting???

You are incorrect there. Lowering is classed as lifting, i.e. a load is suspended therefore comes under LOLER. However rigging kit is checked at a lesser interval of 12months.

It's the same old story imho that the companies that need there kit checking are the ones that never will