Peter's Truck Thread

Peter

Iv only put one tyre on it in 6 years, that was £300 I think.

Tax is £650 a year.

Inspections every 6 weeks cost me about £70.

Mot is about £100.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

wow is all i can say :thumbup: This is a gr8 thread and a gr8 truck. I really like your setup Peter, well done.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for about £20 a week over and above the running cost of a transit you can move ten times the amount in one journey. That makes the truck the equivalent of 200mpg if you are busy , you are also saving the cost of an extra driver and staff waiting for the truck to return , I dont know why you bother :001_smile::thumbup1: All for the sake of investing a few quid in a license :001_rolleyes:

Bob

Wish my girlfriend understood that! I've been getting it in the neck ' no other tree firms round here have a truck like that, it can't be a good idea.....' We'll see!

Iv only put one tyre on it in 6 years, that was £300 I think.

Tax is £650 a year.

Inspections every 6 weeks cost me about £70.

Mot is about £100.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Wow! I didn't know they were so cheap to run. (I've never looked into it).

I guess the problem for many people is finding staff to drive it.

Is yours a 7.5t or bigger Peter?

I paid around 6 for mine which is more or less the same as peters. I'm 26 and employees are slightly younger but the trainings a a one off expense so I'm not too worried. To train two guys and get the O license would probably set you back in the region of £4k.

Not touched on here is the train weight of these trucks. Even our little ten tonner has a train weight of eighteen tons , that's a payload of five ton and eight tons of trailer behind as long as it's piped for air. Peters truck would be a lot more than that.

Bob