Muck truck/power barrow

Lee G

Plan is to start bringing out the timber as it's being cut to avoid handling it more than necessary and so it's not all laying around in the way while working on the trees. I guess I could stack it once it's down and then just hire a good machine in for a week or two and do nothing by ferry the timber out. 

4 hours ago, LeeGray said:

+1 for a quad or dumper. Sold my old 4wd Suzuki on eBay for £500, £150 more than I paid for it  and dumper went for £300 more than I bought it for. plenty cheap ones about that will do that job if you are handy and don’t mind rough looking! Trailer kit £150 if you’ve got a welder or new lambing style trailer £500. Keep forever for pennies per year or sell when done and get you’re money back.

That sounds like a good idea, don't think I want the hassle of trying to sell on eBay though once it's finished. 

19 minutes ago, Lee G said:

That sounds like a good idea, don't think I want the hassle of trying to sell on eBay though once it's finished. 

Anytime I sell on eBay now I say dont ask any questions. It is what it is, come and have a look if you’re genuine or bid and take a chance. 

Yhats a pretty impressive load for a quad!!

I'd second wot a few folk have already said if a quad will fot probably be a more handy tool.

But i doubt quad would pull a 750kg chipper either (althou mibee depend on ground conditions)

wether dumper or quad i'd weld  a trailer (or if dumper a modified abor trolley on steriods) with big detachable greedy pins so u can get big piles of brash and move the brash to the chipper.

Lee's is a good idea to cut and stack and extract at a later date.

Or depending where u are hire Big J in with his mini forwarder he'd likely do it in a day and no heavy lifting/hand balling.

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, scbk said:

Cool, just out of interest did you buy or make the tow bar?

When I bought mine they said the only towing attachment they did was fitted instead of the skip - so I had to build my own!

I bought the tow bar. It was £128 and fits to the skip. Apparently you had to take to skip off before but theses ones you can leave the skip on.