Vid's & Pic's from the Redwoods

Erik

Nice Erik.

Managed to get out the broken stems that had been lying on the ground from that redwood I was talking about.

Sawmill guy seemed pleased, rarity here so maybe the milled wood will fetch a premium, this was the best piece.

101ABCA1-CDBA-4737-A4B5-0A3BDBE95925.jpeg

E3E082D5-2CD1-47D7-9C55-F96CB4423926.jpeg

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

Nice work Mick! I reckon you will get some beautiful boards out of that log. Whether you are gonna mill it now or later I would highly recommend getting some end-sealer on those logs, as Redwood is very prone to end checking and cracking.  

From the looks of the pic, that was one fast growing bugger!

• Thanks 1

Solo Friday morning milling session. Trying to get all the timbers milled up for this bridge project before winter rains get here?  For reference the bigger boards are 20 foot 4x10's. I need to mill 55 of them, as well as a bunch of 6x6, 4x4, 2x8, and 2x10. Gonna be a lot of milling this week, but I think we can pull it of.  

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/11/2018 at 06:34, Mick Dempsey said:

Nice Erik.

Managed to get out the broken stems that had been lying on the ground from that redwood I was talking about.

Sawmill guy seemed pleased, rarity here so maybe the milled wood will fetch a premium, this was the best piece.

101ABCA1-CDBA-4737-A4B5-0A3BDBE95925.jpeg

E3E082D5-2CD1-47D7-9C55-F96CB4423926.jpeg

seen a few mega redwoods round the limousan region of france, is that near you?