the best thing since sliced bread

Stephen Blair

This is why I was thinking on a trailer with 4 wheels and it's on rotating front axle, like what the horse loggers use as a forwarder.

That way I could move it about with the bucket or grab and on the handle bar I'd have a swivel eye to pop on the blade aswell.

I'm not sure whether you'd be better with a little bit of weight to add traction?

I'd also not be too keen on dragging it about with the boom- it would get annoying and would put a lot of wear on the boom as it would be hard for the whole setup to adjust to every little bump in the terrain as a hitch system would.

With regard to towing things about, I think it's a simple case of horses for courses?

If you're off down the woods don't expect you've just come up with a solution to put a forwarder out of work, but for example if you were simply digging topsoil out of your Bara along a driveway to topsoil behind some kerbs it would quickly become your best friend?

Eddie.

That's about right! I was certainly expecting too much of my setup (terrain was awful, I had studs in the tracks and eveything) and I've since bought that little tracked dumper which is amazing. However, I still have the hitch arrangement and have on multiple occasions restrained myself from welding it to something else, as I know it will come in handy one day.

Another idea Stephen, if it's just for buckets- I welded a couple of bits of angle iron onto an old tractor linkbox- now this can be picked up with the blade. Works really well. I also did the same to the pallet forks from my tractor. As I keep my buckets in a forklift crate this works great on site. Same cautions apply regarding overloading the track motors though- I don't know what's a safe limit.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another idea Stephen, if it's just for buckets- I welded a couple of bits of angle iron onto an old tractor linkbox- now this can be picked up with the blade. Works really well. I also did the same to the pallet forks from my tractor. As I keep my buckets in a forklift crate this works great on site. Same cautions apply regarding overloading the track motors though- I don't know what's a safe limit.

That's another great idea!... and loving the simplicity of it. do you have any photos of your linkbox on the digger?

That's another great idea!... and loving the simplicity of it. do you have any photos of your linkbox on the digger?

These Mini Rubber Ducks have the problem of no front bucket to carry equipment to site in comparison to a Backhoe loader.

This gives some idea what's easily possible?

Eddie.

tak1.jpg.76c43daf777ca9788be635c78a64d260.jpg

tak.jpg.bf48643edb2abae35619a7722e802e61.jpg

Yeah!... I'm now thinking of knocking a template box up out of some pallet wood. If it's strong enough.... job done! :thumbup:

I doubt it will be anywhere near strong enough especially where it hooks over the frame. Need a metal skeleton of some sort I would say.

Yeah!... I'm now thinking of knocking a template box up out of some pallet wood. If it's strong enough.... job done! :thumbup:

Have you anything you could adapt? Link box, tractor bucket? It literally just needs two bits of angle iron welded on at 45° to make a blade hooking point. Then it can go on either machine.