Time to call it a day ?

danroker1987

Just count yourself lucky you don't have guys to pay dan, 

I'm sending guys out to loss jobs just to keep them busy, 

Personally I blame the glut in new companies coming along and also the rise of the Facebook groups, 

can anyone remove this trees? 

And all the landscapers and gardeners come along with there ladders and bow saws. 

Its picking up slowly but not as quick as I'd like 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, roseyweb said:

Just count yourself lucky you don't have guys to pay dan, 

I'm sending guys out to loss jobs just to keep them busy, 

Personally I blame the glut in new companies coming along and also the rise of the Facebook groups, 

can anyone remove this trees? 

And all the landscapers and gardeners come along with there ladders and bow saws. 

Its picking up slowly but not as quick as I'd like 

hahahah james i remember the rant from you on average joe with a chainsaw hahaha quality 

Had the quietest spell in five years recently but sun is out and phone is ringing again, I always find start of spring slow due to nesting and sap rising. Chin up dan, might be worth just hanging on a bit as you never know what’s around the corner. But good luck to you.

• Like 1

I always felt it was good to have a bit of grass cutting to fall back on when things go a bit thin like they do sometimes .  Not talking about collection stuff but " rough cutting "  . It always needs cutting from late April to late Sept .  Can get a bit hectic when tree work picks up   .

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Alex O said:

Had the quietest spell in five years recently but sun is out and phone is ringing again, I always find start of spring slow due to nesting and sap rising. Chin up dan, might be worth just hanging on a bit as you never know what’s around the corner. But good luck to you.

Thanks alex, as i said it has picked up a bit , maybe I'm to hungry for it!

Thinking about calling it a day myself..this week had 60t stone tipped on a job then get a call in the evening from customer to say wrong colour despite agreeing beforehand, another customer i've been chasing for £5k says he's sent to someone else who had an email address similar to mine and asked him to send to another account, air suspension knacked on the rover towing dumpers and rollers about the place, had a speeding fine come through for the van this morning and turns out it was me driving at the time (fair cop) and to top it all off red diesel delivery didn't come this afternoon so went to the garage in the car, filled all the jerry cans i could muster on the way back went to pass a lorry with someone else behind me got to 60 then lost all power and all the dash lights on the jag lit up. Nearly had someone slam into the back of me on the wrong side of the road with 150l of red in the boot!

Thinking of going shelf stacking for a bit :) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks alex, as i said it has picked up a bit , maybe I'm to hungry for it!

Cool glad to hear it, shame a few of us smaller businesses aren’t closer together to help each other out and stay ticking over through the quieter months.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, LeeGray said:

Thinking about calling it a day myself..this week had 60t stone tipped on a job then get a call in the evening from customer to say wrong colour despite agreeing beforehand, another customer i've been chasing for £5k says he's sent to someone else who had an email address similar to mine and asked him to send to another account, air suspension knacked on the rover towing dumpers and rollers about the place, had a speeding fine come through for the van this morning and turns out it was me driving at the time (fair cop) and to top it all off red diesel delivery didn't come this afternoon so went to the garage in the car, filled all the jerry cans i could muster on the way back went to pass a lorry with someone else behind me got to 60 then lost all power and all the dash lights on the jag lit up. Nearly had someone slam into the back of me on the wrong side of the road with 150l of red in the boot!

Thinking of going shelf stacking for a bit :) 

I think its one of them moments in time for you lee! it will pass mate  and all will be rosey again! hope you get it sorted bud!!