How many of you would've done this?

joshuatree

15 minutes ago, westphalian said:

Health and safety inspector?

:lol: that would be funny. He was an optician of all things. Had to hold back a laugh when he told me. Fair play to guy for wanting to have a go. But if i was a 50 yr old optician. Dont think tree surgery would be the career change for me. He was actually a nice guy and did appreciate the help. 

• Like 3

We have had a few like this One elderly fella was atempting to cut a number of large overhanging branches off after his friend who had cut the easy stuff off for firewood left him to it 70 plus balancing on some steps and the fence hacking away with a floorboard saw !

we had to interveen, we just hate to see people struggle thats why we arnt rich I suppose !!!!

• Like 1

Beg to differ. I’m 52 and retire in 3 years and plan to do the level 3 diploma. Outdoors, keeps you fit. The constant thrill that at any time you might take your leg off. I used to rock climb so ropes harnesses etc no problem. I have a woodland and 20 years diy chainsaw experience. Can’t wait [emoji4]

• Like 5

after the job was done and you drove home, did you feel a foot taller, or even dare I say it sainted?.. 

You can't put a price of doin good turn.  gives you a glow inside and fills the heart to bursting..  well done..

• Like 3

Being a hard hearted bastard id have watched him struggle until he was at the point of real catastrophe/danger then give him both barrells for being an absolute knob!

If it was a 20 year old just out of college,then id be more sympathetic as young uns are generally over confident and full of bravado but at his age he should know better.

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Being a hard hearted bastard id have watched him struggle until he was at the point of real catastrophe/danger then give him both barrells for being an absolute knob!

If it was a 20 year old just out of college,then id be more sympathetic as young uns are generally over confident and full of bravado but at his age he should know better.

I hear ya....  I'm thinking ahead to 3-6 months time when the same lunatic smashes the "professional" quote for a Leylandii hedge out of the ball park with an amateur price...  

How "sainted" would you feel when he's marauding around your business patch hoovering up all the easy $ jobs...  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

after the job was done and you drove home, did you feel a foot taller, or even dare I say it sainted?.. 

You can't put a price of doin good turn.  gives you a glow inside and fills the heart to bursting..  well done..

What's happened to you Vesp?  You've become reclusive and are displaying disturbingly altruistic tendencies...  Have you been captured by a cult?  Just send a coded message, they'll be a posse of AT miserable basterds on stand-by to spring you and fund your cultural re-education.... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

What's happened to you Vesp?  You've become reclusive and are displaying disturbingly altruistic tendencies...  Have you been captured by a cult?  Just send a coded message, they'll be a posse of AT miserable basterds on stand-by to spring you and fund your cultural re-education.... 

He's been on another forum telling professionals where they are going wrong.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5